Saturday, November 19, 2005

Ikea, Insomnia, Other Issues...

So I'm in my new digs and I am loving this new apartment, but I still feel like I'm camping out and I'm not sleeping well yet. Most of my *stuffe* is on the floor in plastic bags; I haven't had much time to start putting things away. I've hooked up the trusty old TV/VCR and computer, that's basically it other than heating up a lot of frozen entrees in my gorgeous new kitchen.

(OMIGOD, look at all the pretty colors here!!!)

Interesting coincidence: new digs for my blog too, and still camping out here until I figure out the tech part.

My new apartment has windows facing North, East and South. Those of you who live in big houses may not find this too special, but my old place just had two windows, both facing West... okay, they looked out over the Pacific Ocean, but still, I really love all the light in my new place, especially all the morning light that floods in.

Yesterday was my second Fag Field Trip to Ikea, this one in fancy-schmancy Palo Alto with my Fag Field Trip Friend, Chr.

Exhausting but fun.

Looking for a sofa-bed thingie, but I don't like their selection much, too cheap and institutional looking. I did buy a cute greenish lamp and a hanging Christmas light sculpture that will undoubtedly double as an entertaining cat-scratching post toy...

It's very cool to see old AOL pals with new Blogspot accounts commenting, as well as other pals who never bothered with AO-Hell in the first place.

I could rant here about the AOL Journal banner ads, but I don't want to sully this new space with bad energy about things I can't control.

Guess that's all for now. Let's see how all these fonts look...

7 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

New space all around...love it!

8:45 AM  
Blogger sunflowerkat said...

Wow...two big moves in a week!!

It sure looks sharp here!
:)

10:30 AM  
Blogger Nelle said...

Albert I'm not too savy with hotmail codes but I am still young enough to learn a few new tricks! I love light and I think it does wonders for our mental states. I have a brisket in the oven, wish you could pop over and join us for dinner. If you're looking for a sofa bed there are stores that specialize in them here, like Jennifer Convertables. Macys furniture store usually has nice ones too and reasonably priced. Good luck.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I hope you get moved in completely soon...sounds like you have a nice new place. :)
~Nicole
http://journals.aol.com/sugar1337/Disobeyingtherulesofconvention/

6:57 PM  
Blogger floralilia said...

dahling,

i came over to borrow a cup of sugar, and drop off a few of my old boa's...


smooches,
flora

http://floraliliahere.blogspot.com/

8:03 PM  
Blogger jennifer said...

That thought hadn't even registered with me that you're making moves and shifts all over the place. I hate those first few weeks of moving in, forgetting where I put the towels and feeling like a guest in someone else's home. But I love the newness of a new place, the freedom of a blank slate to do with as I choose.

Good to hear things are going well, and I SO understand about those windows!! You got plants yet? Kitties love fresh greens, you know.

6:15 AM  
Blogger Sie said...

Nope... no mention of the mega giant who shall not be named... The place is looking pretty snazzy!

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home