Tuesday, November 18, 2008

7 Weird or Random Facts about me

I've been *tagged* by my good blog friend Sydney whom I met whilst haunting a Big Brother Live Feeds blog. Sydney proves that you can have a life while also watching way too much (RE:ality) TV! Yay, Sydney!

Only problem is: I hate divulging much personal stuff about myself online these days. So I guess I'll keep it short and sweet.

1) I don't have a driver's license. Ex-NYer here who never got one and is now kind of phobic about learning and getting behind the wheel.

2) If I weren't folic-ly challenged, I'd have long gray hippie hair. I'd really like to effect a gay hippie look-- I don't know, a purple velvet cape, gauzy pants and sandals... just haven't taken the plunge yet. I do have two tie-dye T-shirts that I enjoy wearing! :-)

3) I have clutter issues. Not as bad as what you see on Oprah or Dr. Phil, but I always relate to those shows when clutter is the topic.

4) Wonton Soup from a New York Chinese restaurant is the best soup there is, especially with the New York crispy noodles they serve with it.

5) I like men with facial hair. In fact, all '70s facial hair is a huge turn-on to me. (Stay tuned for Sean Pean in "Milk", about the slain S.F. supervisor Harvey Milk, and then-Mayor George Moscone; directed by Gus Van Sant, it's supposed to be a great film-- an intensely tragic story, but I'm looking forward to the facial hair)

6) I am closely related to a now-famous NPR radio personality but I knew him when he was a chubby middle child.

7) I hate being tagged.

Only for you Sydney!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger sunflowerkat said...

I certainly wouldn't suggest LEARNING to drive in SF. It's some of the most challenging driving I've ever done.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Sydney said...

Welllll THANK YOU so much for doing this. I love learning more, and these facts were still quite fab-o for keeping it not so personal. I loved each one and am just about cackling with joy at my laptop here.

As to wanting to move toward a gay hippie look, you have taken the first step by moving to San Francisco. Right city to do it in, as an homage....

7:50 PM  
Blogger Sydney said...

PS, I just now found your comment on my blog, so I had looked here on my own before you sent me the link.

I didn't think it was rude of you to talk about my trash TV time at all. It was certainly my favorite comment, as it's so deeply true.

7:55 PM  
Blogger AlbGlinka said...

Hmm, Sydney, I guess I COULD start by wearing a flower in my hair...

7:56 PM  
Blogger Sydney said...

Fashonista -- I have to look it up. Is it on Bravo? What ried up former model is making a comeback hosting? I should not say that, as I love Paulina. I have googled it but am having no luck. Take pity on me and tell me the time/channel, please.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I understand being phobic about driving. It took me a long time to get behind the wheel of a car. Now, I can't live with out the freedom it brings. I think you would make a really cool gay hippie.

And, lastly, I like facial hair, too. :)

7:01 AM  
Blogger Wil said...

Now Albert, get a grip. All RIGHT-thinking people know the most sublime soup is Hot and Sour Soup. Chicken Wonton is for colds and flu...

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home