Friday, October 19, 2007

Cultcha Shock

Wow, intense trip. Photos to come, I haven't figured out how to download them from a remote location yet. I was able to visit both the Metropolitan Museum of Art (there to see a Rembrandt show) and MoMA yesterday-- the new MoMA building was wonderful-- so large and modern and full of great spaces to showcase the artwork. I could have spent all day there. Seeing some of the famous paintings brought me to tears. A Picasso: Les Demoiselles D'Avignon-- something like that-- so shocking and sexy and wrong and right all at the same time. (Kind of like this trip.)

Eating out in restaurants in Queens is a challenge; the portions are gigantic.

People yell at each other here a lot. It's weird. There's a guy yelling at his wife right now in the parking lot, as I type. No wonder my childhood was so f***ed!

More later...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger sunflowerkat said...

Wouldn't you prefer less food and a smaller bill? I know I would.

So glad you enjoyed the museums. With this weather....it was certainly a good museum day.

Enjoy the rest of your trip, and try and ignore the yelling.

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home