Saturday, September 29, 2007

Larger-than-Life St. Francis and AlbGlinka

The painting came out way better than expected. I poured my heart and soul into it, partly to please the client and partly to please myself. They were really happy with the finished artwork. Sister Bernie, the head of the organization Religious Witness with Homeless People (click on the link to read about their work) said it was the nicest artwork they've ever had done for them!

I guess there are other ways to express my creativity besides endless Psycho Abstract Expressionist Clownz.

I still have to finish cutting the figure out on Monday; they want it to be free-standing for their display. I was too exhausted to finish yesterday, plus I had a final performance of Samson et Dalila last night. The press conference where St. Francis will be displayed is next Thursday and I'm planning to go to it and maybe have my own digital camera by then so I can snap more pix.

My good friend Tim came over at 8am yesterday and took this great photo to document the artwork in my atelier....

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Robbie said...

It's awesome. And, yeah you!!!!, for the commission. :-D

8:52 AM  
Blogger Nelle said...

St. Francis has always been my favoerite as he is the patron saint of animals. I love the gentleness in his likeness. Great job Albert!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Sydney said...

Yay for Tim... this is a great pic to have of yourself. The painting turned out to be GREAT!

5:20 PM  
Blogger Morgan Fox Studio said...

hi albert
been out of the loop for a while while moving bu trying to catch up on journals. i'm so impressed with your painting. see, we all knew yuo had it in you, :) you're a fantastic artist a& others appreciate your work very much. sorry for the typos. typing in mid-air, lol. later gator & keep up the great work!!

3:31 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

You & the painting are fabulous! It turned out soooooooo well!!!

Smooches,
~Aunt Nub~

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home