Saturday, September 22, 2007

Honing My Skillz

I now take my sketchpad everywhere I go. I've been sketching backstage at the Opera House-- which is new and challenging-- it feels quite exposed. There are lot of very creative people milling around down there. Some people walk by disinterested and some stop and look and are complimentary. I guess all art is experienced this way. For me, it's a challenge to accept all reactions/ non-reactions.

I like this self-portrait in my Samson et Dalila Acolyte drag. I've been told I look like Jesus, which is... interesting.

Maybe Jesus if he had lived to the age of 49?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Oh lord (no pun intended)....you do look like Jesus in that drawing! Uh-Oh! Oy Oy Oy!

Anyway...I'm glad I'm back, too. I've missed blogging, but have really missed you & your blog!!!!!!! Stop by again soon, OK?

Smooches,
~~Aunt Nub~~

3:24 PM  
Blogger Sydney said...

It look slike Jesus AND you, lol.

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home