Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Abundance

I am taking baby steps every day in the direction of my Art-making, and I am seeing results, both in the work itself and in showing it and selling it. So: Yay!

Yesterday I checked out this gallery downtown that I had been told showed work that was similar to mine. There is also this synchronistic connection in that a groovy & sweet young woman who lives in my building has shown her paintings there recently.

So I dressed deliberately Artsy to go in there yesterday afternoon and ended up shmoozing a bit with the gallery director, telling her about my neighbor and that I, too, was an artist. She asked "Is anyone representing your work?" which is the first time I've ever been asked that question!

May the answer one day be "Yes."


Drawing: "The Sad, Semi-Figurative Clown Stares Pensively at a Little Flower"
(You can't accuse my titles of being too obscure!)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Nelle said...

Albert
I simply love being able to see your work. I was wondering if you ever finished the one you were working on last October with using styles of other artists. I liked that very much. So glad to see you blogging again. OX

8:08 PM  
Blogger Morgan Fox Studio said...

hi albert,

i know, it's been a while :) your drawings are superb although this little guy reminds me more of an alien than of a clown. either way, he is a sad little creature so you definetly got your point across, that's for sure :)

good luck with selling your art... and your prices are NOT out of range, believe me :)

hugs
patti

5:00 AM  
Blogger AlbGlinka said...

Patty: Yah, my clowns do have a touch of the Alien in them, I see that as well, lol...

6:08 AM  
Blogger Robbie said...

Okay, the next time you dress deliberately artsy, you must take a picture. Darn it!

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home