Friday, August 31, 2007

Sad Abstract Expressionist Clown Painting: In Progress

Based on the drawing from a couple of entries back. Kinda scary, huh? But folks in my class are paying me compliments on it, while they for the most part toil at Beginning and Intermediate still lives. My teacher calls me "Wild Man."

It's hard to get the spontaneity of the brush strokes happening. I think this will take a lot more experience painting in oils to achieve.

Plus yesterday morning I inhaled too much painting medium and felt sick all day, aack.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Robbie said...

"Plus yesterday morning I inhaled too much painting medium and felt sick all day, aack."

LOL! I imagined you in the corner snorting painting medium then going at your painting like a "wild man."

Just because it scares me doesn't mean it isn't good. I like it. I just couldn't live with it because I'm a freak like that. :-(

8:43 AM  
Blogger Sydney said...

I'd personally be very proud of being called Wild Man
if I were you!!!

Working in oils can be difficult. While there's the upside of mixing paints on the canvas and painting over things easily -- unlike watercolor or tempra -- it also took my stuff forever to dry. Hang in there, this pic looks great!

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home