Thursday, July 24, 2008

Latest *Masterpiece*

I completed a couple of large-scale paintings in my most recent painting class which I haven't yet posted in cyberspace... this one is called "Praying Clown" and is 3' x 4'. I was attempting to do something less angsty than my precious images and with a more complex figure. I wanted a spiritual theme.

This morning I submitted some paintings online for a group show that's being held in September-- A hopefully fortuitous conicidence: I have a sweet young neighbor who is connected to the curator who is organizing it. I'm going out tonight to check out this other show connected to the curator and this art venue, Hotel des Artes. The show opening tonight is work from a Chicago-based artist, Ray Noland, dedicated to Barack Obama's campaign. Link here.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger IndigoSunMoon said...

I love it Albert. You have such a talent!
Love you!
Connie

6:58 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

hello Albert :) Nice to meet you :) I've come over from Connie's journal and I like your artwork :) Will be trying to fix it to where I get alerts to when you make entries :) that is if AOL will let me LOL. Teresa

http://journals.aol.com/stetsonsfyre/remembering-to-exhale/

(in case you'd like to visit! :)

7:36 PM  
Blogger Nelle said...

((((((((Albert)))))))))) I didn't realize you were back. Happy belated 50th....I have a few years on you. So many men at my job wear plaid vests now. I am working four ten hour days during customer service type work. It is draining!!! Glad to see you are still keeping in touch with your friends online. Sounds like the new computer and monitor were just what you needed to reconnect!
Hugs,
Nelle

4:27 AM  
Blogger Sydney said...

I love it Albert, but then of course, I just resonate with your work -- color choices, details, etc....

I actually finally found a frame for the piece I bought... I know, it's been a while, but it was hard to find something RED and a tad irridescent... to bring out the little bit of red you drew it with. Now it pops and we're hanging it in a place for all to see!!

So sad you can't upload Jackies.... but glad you could come over to mine and check in. It's great to hear from you. I wonder if it's because she has been putting little movies in here and there of the horrible antics of Ollie and April or the newest rants of JessME (we think that name is more fitting).

Try again if you can. We miss your comments there!

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home