Thursday, November 20, 2008




















AlbGlinka Paints from The Model

We have 4 more weeks in my painting class and there will be models to paint until the end of the semester. I decided to go for it today... I took a break from a painting of Mary-Kate and Ashley that I had been working on! (will post a pic of that work-in-progess, cuz I'm digging it)

Painting from the model is something I know I'm good at, and I get nice attention and compliments when I do it. When I do figure drawing or painting, I get transported into this very different headspace. It feels like I'm channeling some Beaux Arts student from another century. The nude is always the nude, no matter what time period, although the above-the-butt lotus flower tat on this lady definitely places her in contemporary times...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sydney said...

I am drawn to the colors you used, and where you put brushstrokes on her back. It really gives it dimension for me. Al/grove/glink, I really love your work.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

This one is absolutely beautiful!
!! Pink-and-purple shiny sparkly glittery gorgeous!!

xo Phinney

7:49 AM  
Blogger Remo said...

When you perfect the scratch-and-sniff version of the nude woman, call me.

Have a great weekend!

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home