Sunday, November 27, 2005

Farewell, "Forza"...

Last night was the final performance of "La Forza del Destino." Bittersweet. I won't miss certain aspects of this show, most particularly: suffocating in my KKK Pilgrim costume while trying not to go into a hacking Bird Flu coughing fit onstage.

But I will definitely miss the Scene-stealing Thespian Bitch Soup Cauldron scene in Act III. And the comaraderie of my fellow Pilgrims, Flagellants and Monks...

Oh yeah, I won't miss getting out of the Opera House at 11pm and waiting on McCallister and Van Ness for the friggin' bus, although there was a bus that would arrive pretty regularly at 11:10pm or so, although I won't miss some of the freakz riding the bus at that hour....

These shots are of me in my Act III Friar habit-- it's supposed to be this scary post-Apocalyptic vision, as I think I described in my *former* journal.


These photos were taken by the esteemed Mike Harvey. I also got an amazing 8x10 portrait shot by another super, John "Digital" Martin, but Mike H. was acting shockingly petulant last night, so I have to pretend that I like his photos better!

How did Maria Callas handle all the many demands of her fame???

7 Comments:

Blogger jennifer said...

Maria had Ari.

I'll miss your Friar Fotos. But congrats on a successful run.

8:14 AM  
Blogger M. C- said...

you were superb last night—magnificent handling of the ladle, especially. bravo!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Miss Vincci said...

Wow...you do look quite scary!!!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

you do NOT have bird flu!

omg!

so, what's next? baking pies?

xo phin

1:32 PM  
Blogger Robbie said...

I don't know what John's pics look like but mad props to the petulant one because these photos are striking. :-)

9:35 PM  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Help me Al B'wan Kenobi, you're my only hope!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

I just remembered you telling me that you didn't see Star Wars back in the day, so the Obi Wan reference probably went over your head like a football reference.

Here's Obi Wan...

http://us.imdb.com/gallery/mptv/1009/Mptv/1009/3748_0155.jpg?path=gallery&path_key=0076759

Here's you...

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/653/1884/1600/ForzaFarewell.jpg

Coincidence? I think not.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home