Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Memories...

Remember AOL-J? Remember that sense of community? (It might still exist over here on Blogspot, but truthfully, I haven't had enough time in the last two months to chase it down.)

Remember Jean Chatzky? I KNOW you do!!!!! (At least if you were blogging in '04, that is.)

Anyway, in my archiving madness, I came across this parody entry, an homage to our beloved Remo, that made me giggle:

Many of you may recall my initial trepidation about becoming an AOL-user. I just wasn't sure that I'd meet the RIGHT SORT of online pals here. Being part of an active online community is extremely important to me; there are many nights when my domestic partner Biff is working late at the office, and I've often found myself looking around at our empty luxury condo, thinking: "I sure wish there were someone to chat with about topics of concern to me."

As I wrote
in a previous entry, one recent Sunday morning me and Biff were having brunch with our dear pal, Jean Chatzky, when she began extolling the many wonders of America Online Version 9.0, and convinced us to give AOL a trial run... Among the many features she described was this new BLOGGING COMMUNITY.

I'll never forget that moment: Biff and I just burst out laughing! "What is Blogging?!?," we asked?

Jean explained that a blog was like a journal that you could keep online and that they were ALL THE RAGE. I couldn't imagine that anyone would want to share their innermost thoughts and dreams online, but then Jean told us that some Bloggers (LOL!) wrote about politics, or their spiritual beliefs, or even reviewed movies! What a great idea!!!

Later that afternoon, as I was Scrapbooking alone at our IKEA dining-room table, I thought, "You know, I'm just gonna install this free AOL CD in my 'puter & see what this Blogging thingie is all about! Hopefully Biff won't mind!"

Well, before you could say Boo, I was immersed in this strange new world of blogs. What I uncovered was truly shocking. So many Bloggers seemed to be vehemently opposed to our brave young soldiers in Iraq and they were out-and-out insulting to our Leader and Commander-in-Chief, President Bush! I read other shocking things too. There were actual hippies blogging--who knew hippies even still existed anymore, or that they owned computers? There were some nice ladies who kept very nice blogs with pictures of their children, cats and gardens, but then some MASKED or UNMASKED PROFANITY would appear in their entries, or they would start writing about circumcision! Worst of all, there were some Lesbian bloggers who seemed to be GOOD PEOPLE, all except for the PAGAN pictures of Fairies on their blogs! I really don't think that our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ would approve of all those fairies...!

I was about to give up on this whole blogging phenomenon when I discovered the fine words of ScreaminRemo. Like Biff & myself, he is a proud, upstanding Republican who knows right from wrong and is not afraid to call a spade a spade. Even more impressive, he is a loving husband & father, and, to top it all off, he is a proud member of our Men in Blue. (or whatever color policemen wear in Arizona) I love how handsome men look in uniform while they are serving GOD & COUNTRY! (Pics, Remo, we want Pics!)

As I have come to find out, sometimes it seems that Remo is the only voice of reason in the AOL Journal Community! I am proud to say that I have begun an online correspondence with him and that we share the exact same viewpoints on all subject matters. This is the very best thing about AOL--you can find people who completely agree with your opinions, and not have to deal with all those bleeding-heart liberal WACKOS who are destroying this great country of ours! I can only say to those people: Move to France where they don't even HAVE blogs!

So here's to you, Remo! Keep on tellin' it like it is!!!!



Where are you, Remo??? Your new blog is impossible to comment on.

6 Comments:

Blogger jennifer said...

I miss Jean Chatsky. And masked vulgarities.

Those were the days. Good times.

2:52 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

http://www.xanga.com/screaminremo303
I checked and Remo does have comments.
Is he a trip or what?
TJ

4:55 PM  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

"Move to France where they don't even HAVE blogs!"

What the hell is this dipstick talking about? If the Internet is available in that particular country, they will HAVE *blogs!* Yes, even the tiny Republic of Togo.

For better, for worse, there is an extensive right-wing & Republikkkan online community and the fact that it took them that long to figure it out, says volumes about them.

6:45 AM  
Blogger sunflowerkat said...

Have you found the community spirit on Blogspot? I don't know how to connect with it. And I miss everyone who is no longer visiting over at AOL.

:(

12:02 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

LOL!!! Ah the good ole days...

1:08 AM  
Blogger Coy said...

I miss the good old days and that sence of community that kept us all together.
And ... I also miss the days when you didn't need a password or secret code to leave a comment for a friend.

*** Coy ***

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home