Monday, December 12, 2005

Faux-Asian Done Right!

Charlie L., a Supernumerary buddy of mine, was recently involved with a production, over at San Francisco Symphony, of a little-known opera by Stravinsky, "Le Rossignol" (which translates to "The Nightingale").

Suprisingly, it's totally Faux-Asian. Here's what talented makeup/costuming pros can do. Screw political correctness! Photos by Charlie L. :-)

I'm feeling that I made the right decision to not work the LucasFilm party. Interestingly, a friend was ill over the weekend and I was able to do a favor for him on Saturday night that made me feel like I had trusted my instincts well.

Whoah! Did Madame Glinka go out without my noticing???

So I sunk into RE:ality TV this weekend instead. Another friend is taping "Project Runway" for me, which I feel is one of the best shows out there. Love it, love it, love it!


Over on "Survivor," it was cool that Danni won-- I was so over Steph, as I know others were too. I dug Rafe, a really cool Gay Guy... loved that his sexuality was just no big deal, this is where RE:ality TV can break down barriers.


In other compelling blog newz: Me and Chr. took Fag Field Trip #53 to Yuppie Union St. yesterday, as there was a home furnishings store, Z Gallery, that I wanted to check out.

I didn't see much I was interested in. Instead we saw many, many ceramic Faeire Christmas ornaments and many, many, MANY oversized Buddha heads.

There was a big, pink, faux-fur beanbag that I liked, but Chr. had to remind me of my new desire to try and be BUTCH for a change, at least in the home furnishings department...

4 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Pity... I have a big faux pink mink throw I could have sent you to compliment the beanbag chair. LOL!

10:37 AM  
Blogger jennifer said...

I wanted Rafe to win so bad, but I don't blame Danni for chucking him in favor of Steph. No way she would have won against Rafe. Especially after the gag chicken incident.

So when does the next season start? American Idol in a month! Thank you Ryan Seacrest!!!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Miss Vincci said...

Hey Albert..

You've been tagged!!!
www.pt.pinktify.com

8:28 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

It's your new pad, and you can pink it up if you want to !!!!

=) xo Phin

Glitter of the Day : Pink Pillowy Puff

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home