Monday, December 05, 2005

We will not regret the past, nor will we wish to shut the door on it.


I have just begun the arduous task of archiving 1 and 1/2 years of my old AOL Journal entries. Since AOL Journals is getting more upsetting and unpleasant to me by the day, it is time to try and get the hell out of there. Archiving my entries will take awhile-- there's a lot of entries and an insane amount of cutsie-pie graphic details in them, and some I'm just going to have to let go.

Oh, w-hell... I'm hoping to have it all done by January 1st, but that deadline may be too ambitious.

My second Blogspot blog: Albert's World Artsy Archives

Keep in mind-- I was, err, not yet... um, well... never mind, just keep in mind it was a year and a half ago.

My Holiday Entertaining Newz is that I'm booked to appear as a costumed character at the LucasFilm Annual Holiday Party. (Your guess was correct, SFMike.) Their brand-new headquarters is here in 'Frisco. I'm rather intimidated, especially as I have to run around trying to put my own costume/wig/makeup together.

More details to come...

4 Comments:

Blogger Civic Center said...

Don't be intimidated. I'm sure you'll be great. When my domestic partner was working for Industrial Light and Magic for about seven years, we usually went to this affair every year. Keep in mind that everyone gets to bring a date, and that George Lucas' empire is quite far-flung, so that there are literally thousands of people. This means most people don't know each other and they're the ones who are totally intimidated. They're also mostly geeks, which means they are pretty nice young people who are mostly shy. Monsieur Conflinka will do just fine.

This weekend I went to a Christmas party where there were some people who are still working for Lucas and they had just moved into the new digs in the Presidio. Verdict: "The new place sucks. It's become totally corporate and it's awful." And there's your scoop for the day.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Morgan Fox Studio said...

congrats on the gig Albert. Geez, you're getting so popular, pretty soon we'll all have to go thru your agent just to leave you a message, hehe.


btw, http://mysteriousasacat.blogspot.com/2005/11/its-been-long-time.html my new address here on blogspot. one of four different addresses mind you, lol. like i'm that popular :)

hugs,
star

9:57 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Good luck getting it all archived.
~Nicole
http://journals.aol.com/sugar1337/Disobeyingtherulesofconvention/

11:24 AM  
Blogger Nelle said...

OH Albert...I am just not going to attempt to move my old entries over. Of course there weren't as many as yours and I am just so fed up with AOL. I am opening my new email account and that is taking a lot of patience. This time of year my patience is in short supply. Thank you for your comment in my blog yesterday. You are so dear. OX

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home