Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Adventures in Cat Poop

It may not be the most culturally- or intellectually-inspired theme for a blog post, but hey, it's what was up for me today.

This morning, I arose from a restful slumber to find that one of my kitties, I think Speedo, had *christened* my very light beige carpeting with a very healthy bowel movement.

Sweet! This was the moment I had been dreading since moving into my new Bachelor Pad. I'm no Kitty Psychologist, but I think that he may have been irritated because this morning I didn't rise at 5am to feed him. My sleep schedule varies; he should know that by now! Anyway, I foolishly had not prepared for this utterly predictable domestic crisis, so I had to run to Safeway and stand there in the Cleaning Products aisle, still half asleep (7am), trying to figure out what carpet stain-removing product(s) to buy.

I bought two different products which ended up working fairly well.

It's slowly dawning on me that when you have a very light beige carpet, you have to vacuum A LOT.

You would think that I'd have known this from watching countless Anal Cleaning Freakz on "Wife Swap" and "Trading Spouses: Meet Your New Mommy," but I guess that previously I hadn't been paying too much attention, as the renter of an apartment with old, dusty hardwood floors.

I guess I could be one of those Hippie Mommies and let the cat poop just stay there indefinitely while I go outside into the woods and meditate and play Hacky Sack... since there's no anal hubbie currently around to get mad at me and blow a gasket, who's to know?

4 Comments:

Blogger Miss Vincci said...

Oh mayn..I can't believe your kitty pooped on your carpet...hmmm....that is strange...they rarely go from their box...uh oh...you must've done something really really wrong....

6:51 PM  
Blogger amy said...

Hey, I'm a hippie mommy and I would clean up the poo!
We've had 3 cat peeing episodes since we moved...they definitely make sure you are aware of their displeasure...

8:29 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Poop.
Well, I guess the perfect carpet color for us people with cats would be brown. heh.

xo phin

9:43 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Ya cats like regular schedules, that is why I always try to make sure there is food in their bowls before I go to bed, so they don't have to worry about waking me up when they get hungry.
~Nicole
http://journals.aol.com/sugar1337/Disobeyingtherulesofconvention/

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home