Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Confucius Say:

Don't speak with bad, un-P.C. Asian accent!

So, yeah, the character I am booked to play on Saturday night at the LucasFilm Holiday Party is a "Wise Old Asian Man"-type. But the event planners don't want me to try too hard to be Asian, since I'm not. So my plan is to be a Wise Old Asian Ex-New York Jew. That should entertain the Lucas CGI Geeks!

Be that as it may, I still have to come up with some Asian-y costume, and the best resource I found in the Yellow Pages was the A.C.T. (American Conservatory Theater) Costume Rental Shop. Pictured here is MOI in the robe I'll be wearing, via bad Verizon Camera-Phone pic.

What I'll be doing at the party is being part of this Treasure Hunt activity-- actually the final Pit-Stop of the Treasure Hunt. I know I can pull this off; it's just getting the whole look together that's more work.

In other newz: I'm afraid that it might take me friggin' months to archive all the entries in my old AOL journal-- and I had the sick thought yesterday: what if Blogspot does something funky with ads or fees in the future? Should I spend all this time transferring old entries to Blogspot, or should I just transfer them to a file on my Hard Drive???

Last night I was trying to save this old .gif and it wasn't working. (Still isn't, goshdarnit, it's s'posed to spin!) I'm almost tempted to just chuck my entire old AOL journal, but I won't do something impulsive like that.

And how are you all?????

8 Comments:

Blogger jennifer said...

Bloglines has taken a nosedive today. And with all the exclamation marks, I think it's happy about it. Whatever.

Wise Old Asian Ex-New York Jew. No comment.

Good luck on the archiving.

4:43 PM  
Blogger ShellyS said...

I would do both, archive them on your computer and post them here. But considering BlogSpot went from ads to no ads (with the option of adding AdSense and getting a cut of the fees) when Google bought it, I doubt that will happen. Google seems committed to AdSense over other types of advertising.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Miss Vincci said...

Hmmm...trying to play Asian...veeery interesting....I think you look somewhat Asian? Would that be a compliment?

9:17 PM  
Blogger Carly said...

Hi Darling Albert

dropping by to say Hi. Love the costume, but then again I laways love seeing the latest. very cool indeed! :)

Always, Carly

1:00 AM  
Blogger Judith HeartSong said...

this party sounds like it could be fun! Maybe you will make some good contacts and find a rich lover.... did I say that out loud?

6:46 AM  
Blogger sunflowerkat said...

Archiving is turning out to be a real chore. I think you made a good choice in starting a seperate archive journal. I'm overwhelmed by the time it's going to take to move two journals!! How do you archive straight to your hard drive?

Enjoy this party!! Can't wait to hear about it.

4:18 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Archiving is a royal pain, but at lease BlogSpot(Blogger) is supported by BlogBinders.com if you want to just print the whole thing to book form. That's what I plan to do. A nice bound copy of 2 years worth of AOL blog.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Ann Marie said...

I am sorry about losing the Asian part. Gotta "suck".

I am moving a journal I started for school to Blogspot, but I won't move 2 years of my regular journal. My plan is to copy it gradually over time to a Word doc, then print it out at leisure without all the blue buttons and extra space constraining stuff. It is kind of neat remembering how far we've come and it allows me to maintain the pictures.

4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home