Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Disco Clutter

It's been about a month since I've moved into the new place, and things are slowly coming together. One of the final frontiers is this big WAD o' CLUTTER that's still on my floor. It's partly been exhausted post-flu inertia that has prevented me from attacking it up 'til now.

FlyLady would greatly disapprove!

I moved most of my possessions up here in plastic bagz since I couldn't find moving boxes on the street and didn't want to pay $ to buy 'em. So I've really felt like a BagLady, camping out up here.

On Monday, I came up with the brilliant idea of just spending one hour per day working on it... just getting some of this clutter off the floor and into my bookshelves or other storage areas. By Golly, it worked! I've cleared a large area, and have even made two trips to the Community Thrift Store, a great thrift shop in the Mission where you can specify the charity you want part of the proceeds of your *stuffe* to go to. [I've specified The AIDS Memorial Grove in Golden Gate Park and Planned Parenthood, tryin' to mix it up. :-) ]

Don't know what to do with the disco ball yet. I have the motor and the special disco ball light and everything.

Surprised???

Don't tell me to hang it-- remember, I'm going for Post-Moderne Butch in here!

6 Comments:

Blogger jennifer said...

You must keep la Barbie. Must.

:D

12:06 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I know some certain girls who are jealous that you have a disco ball!
good luck clearing the clutter. Flylady is okay....I just can't get past the wearing of laced up shoes....I mean what is wrong with cleaning wearing heels?

3:23 PM  
Blogger Sie said...

Barbie can stay but only if you give her a buzz cut.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Judith HeartSong said...

when you move, do you ever check liquor stores for boxes? They are THE BEST moving boxes.
You have an honest-to-god mirror ball?????? Get that sucker up and let's see her spin. If you need any help hanging it, I have power tools:):):)
xoxoxoxox
judi

7:20 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Good luck with getting everything decluttered...that is cool that a thrift store lets you pick the charity.
~Nicole
http://journals.aol.com/sugar1337/Disobeyingtherulesofconvention/

11:27 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

Disco Ball...that is a fine treasure.
Ditch barbie, she is such a snob!
TJ

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home