Thursday, December 15, 2005

Is this some kind of sick joke, Goddess/ Buddha/ whoever?

For those of you who have been following along, I've been trapped in a sort of "Faux-Asian Hell" for the past fortnight. Even when I've been out shopping for my new Post-Moderne Butch home, the large golden Buddha heads I see everywhere seem to be following me around the home furnishing stores, mocking me with their wise eyes...

Then yesterday, I get both a cellphone text-message and an email with the following:

You are receiving this notice from Beau Bonneau Casting through the CastingNetworks, SF database because we have an urgent need for a current project. Please review and forward if possible. We are seeking large Asian men that appear to be Chinese, for a SAG National Bud Light Commercial. We are seeking only Asian men who weigh 250 lbs and more, & are between the ages of 25 - 40 years. Please forward this notice to anyone you know who may be appropriate and interested.

Arrgggghh!!! When the heck are they gonna need a 180-lb, middle-aged, ex-New York Jew for some beer ad?

In happier news, I bought an "accent rug" from Cost Plus World Imports yesterday-- it's a crazy-ass rug with lots of cool colors: greens, rust, blues, whites... made (hopefully not by child labor) in India. My two kitties promptly appropriated it as their new "accent bed."

They are totally down with my groovy new Bachelor Pad and all the (credit card) money I am spending on it.

8 Comments:

Blogger jennifer said...

That rug looks perfect with the kitten accessories! And is there an exorcism of sorts for this Asian flu?

1:03 PM  
Blogger Bon & Mal Mott said...

KITTIES!!!!!!

2:14 PM  
Blogger Sie said...

I say paint on some ethnic eyebrows and call em back! Might as well get a 3rd kitty too. A Siamese. I'm sensing resistance is futile. "I CHING" sweetie! (I have no idea what that means, but it sounds good.....)

3:54 PM  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Love the pic, it's a mouse's nightmare.

"Arrgggghh!!! When the heck are they gonna need a 180-lb, middle-aged, ex-New York Jew for some beer ad?"

Um, Al, how many Asians have sitcoms? Then how many ex-New York jews have sitcoms? Name one commerical that you've seen recently where there was an asian with a speaking role.

Dude, do like Margaret Cho (off the top of my head) and a thousand other people have done. If they won't cast you, write your own play or a vehicle to showcase your talents.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Civic Center said...

writerprocrastinator is filled with the wisdom of Buddha and urban savvy. You are being singled out for a message by La Forza del Destino, so listen to it.

Actually, I have a membership to the Asian Art Museum. Muni on down and let's compare the Buddhas before the birth of the Christ day (I've been reading the faux Manolo blog, which is total genius).

7:37 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Hopefully your kitties won't tear it up...my cats love fluffy stuff like that too. :)
~Nicole
http://journals.aol.com/sugar1337/Disobeyingtherulesofconvention/

4:44 AM  
Blogger Miss Vincci said...

Awwww...the kitties are so cute!!!! That is kind of weird how the Asian thing seems to be following you...hmmmm...maybe you are part asian inside.... : )

8:38 AM  
Blogger Carly said...

Hey Darlin

Those two kitties are wonderful, and they look so comfy. There's always something cool going on over here! :)

Always, Carly

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home