Monday, July 23, 2007

GlinkArt4Sale

Hey kidz, remember my other blog? Remember when I was trying to be an artist and sell my work? Well, I'm still fiddling around in that direction, making progress at a snail's pace.

Yesterday I showed a friend this drawing I did about my fears around showing my artwork to galleries and cafes to possibly show there. This is a horrible phone-pic image, but the cartoon bubble of the scary big figure says "Your art sucks, go away!" The little figure frowning is MOI. This is my paranoid fear! Oy Oy Oy!

So an ironic thing happened. My friend really liked the drawing and I offered to sell him a B&W copy of it for the grand sum of fifty cents! At first I was only gonna charge him twenty-five cents but he offered me twice that.

And therein lies the reason I am a goddamned poor starving artist-- well, aside from all the frozen entrees I eat.

Still, believe it or not, I'm psyched that I sold another piece of art. That makes four pieces I've sold so far.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

I really really love that drawing! I would buy a B&W copy of it for a dollar. I so would, too!

xoxo

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home