Saturday, December 06, 2008

Insanity vs. Serenity

Yesterday I started work at 7:30 am and today at 6:30 am. No one was shopping at 7 am when the store opened! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I know that many people in the rest of the world have to go to work early, but I am not the rest of the world! I need my beauty sleep!

I've been spending extra time in Golden Gate Park or out at Ocean Beach during my time off lately. Being in nature replenishes my spirit, which I really need right now. I am so lucky to live in a city that has so much natural beauty in it! This photo was taken at a lake in the park that's about a 10-minute walk from my place. I call it Serenity Lake. It's a great spot for bird-watching, and the ducks and squirrels that aound live there are quite well-fed and happy too.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Sydney said...

I'm so glad that you are doing that for balance. A really healthy impulse. I have begun to do this too since I moved to Houston and it's amazing how restorative it is isn't it? How is the weather up and over there right now? I don't know how chilly it ever gets... but maybe it gets misty or drizzly due to the water in "winter"

7:28 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Ungodly hours for shopping. I'm with you, beauty sleep is crucial, and I dislike morning people, teehee.

You are lucky to live in a beautiful place. I'd love to be close enough to go to the beach every day.

I should move.

Woke up to 2" of snow this a.m. first snow of the season. My kid is outside now throwing snowballs at my car, I think. So it begins. Have I mentioned I don't walk in the snow? I always end up on my ass!

Love you!! Glitter of THE day: SNoWflAkE spArKLe!!! Phinney

8:05 AM  
Blogger Robbie said...

Years ago in the restaurant industry and in the military in a hospital, I worked weekends, holidays, nights, early mornings, etc. I dreamed of the days when I could work a normal schedule like the rest of the world. I feel very, very lucky that I do, particularly now during the holidays. I feel for you my friend.

May serenity follow you instead of you having to look for it. :-D

I wonder if my store opens THAT early. I never hit the mall this time of year but am thinking that might just entice me to go. :-DDDD

11:41 AM  
Blogger Remo said...

Rest assured that if any of us had to find ourselves shopping (ugh!) at that hour, we'd prefer to be helped by someone with your talents and insight than by an insolent dweeb who hasn't been to bed yet.

Ain't serving the public a noble distinction? LOL

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home