Monday, January 02, 2006

Madame Glinka celebrates 2006 by doing a little Impromptu Dance around her Bachelorette Pad

(actually, this is a recycled image from my old AOL journal 'cause I'm too lazy to look for a new image today.)

So did anyone watch The 117th Annual Tournament of Roses Parade this morning? Because it's raining here in Northern California as badly as in Pasadena during the parade. I felt so sorry for all those poor little flowers and seeds and giant animated butterflies and whimsical teddybears and Walt Disney characters and Toni Braxton and baton-twirlers and tuba players and Andalusian horsies. They got friggin' drenched! (I was stuck inside myself and watched the whole damned thing, so poor ME, too!)

As I wrote in my journal last year, the Tournament of Roses Parade used to be one of the big events of my young Gay-Boy-in-Training TV-viewing year... along with the Miss America, Miss U.S.A and Miss Universe pageants, OF COURSE. My Mom and Dad had to really turn a blind eye to not wonder what was up with my sexuality. I guess the Parade could just be considered an artistic thing, but the beauty pageants? Not to mention the thousands of hours of Olympic Ice-skating I watched. (I cried the year the Divine Miss Dorothy Hamill won the Gold Medal.)

Wot else? Looks like around a thousand new and returning RE:ality TV shows are going to be starting up in the next week or two. I'm scared, Blog. I can't let my addiction get the best of me again in '06!

Sheesh, this entry seems to be ALL ABOUT the Boob Tube...

6 Comments:

Blogger jennifer said...

Just a couple of weeks! YAY! And you simply must devote your blog to the ins and outs, beauty and ugly of those reality shows.

And there's this one show, called American Idol. You should really check that one out.

:D

3:25 PM  
Blogger freeepeace said...

Aww, don't be scared Madame. It's winter afterall. The perfect time for a new reality tv season to start. I have a suspicious feeling I will miss the entire season this winter. Let's hope anyway.

I missed the parade this morning. What am I saying...I miss it every year. Next year may be different.

Happy New Year sweetie! xo

6:54 PM  
Blogger Bon & Mal Mott said...

Gasp! An aging hippie couple sat, watched and enjoyed the WHOLE parade! On the H & G channel, commercial-free! And then got shit-faced! What a wonderful day!
Happy New Year, guy.
Bon & Mal

7:07 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

i watched my husband flip the flippin' channels between 4 different ones showing the parade. he's a pain in my ass.

hey, this entry is all about boobs. i mean, the boob tube and my one boob of a husband. ;p

xo love, phinney
glitter: rosie parade rain!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Morgan Fox Studio said...

hey, at least you guys have rain and not snow like us...YUCK!!

my sis is in petaluma and i've been keeping in touch to make sure they don't drown out there. they have no regular phones but they're still above water thank the gods.

last time it rained during the parade was the last time they had a justice as the marshall of the parade. they had one this year.... what do you think that means, LOL. no more justice's as marshalls maybe????

keep dry and get out more and AWAY FROM THE BOOB TUBE. NO MORE REALITY TV SHOWS!!! There's nothing real about them, LOL.

hugs,
star

10:20 PM  
Blogger Wil said...

Albert, my brothers, father and I used to watch all the beauty pageants, making bets as to winners and the like. We weren't much for the evening wear, which I suspect was more your forte. We were in hopes of a Janet Jackson moment during those. What we watched for was the swimsuit competition. That was our favorite part. Being an all-male household, you can imagine the critiqueing that went on...

Not a one of us were queer -- just a mite odd. ;)

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home