Monday, May 28, 2007























Der Rosenkavalier Piano Dress Rehearsal

Long, long rehearsal yesterday. First time in our costumes. I have three costumes and three wigs for three different acts. Here I am as a late 18th-century Police Officer with fake mustachio and powdered wig. Better pics to come!

It's all been fun, but I have the Prop From Hell in the first act that I have to wrestle with-- three rolls of fabric that I have to unfurl and present quickly to the rich Marschallin aristocrat-lady in my role as Fabric Vendor. I have not found a way for it to not be awkward. I am doing my best, having to accept imperfection. Oy oy oy!

The production is unbelievably lavish. Great fun to be a part of-- shimmering period costumes and sets.

I'll post again when there are more (and better) photos to share, for whoever is still checking this blog out.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Wil said...

If it weren't for the sardonic crook in your eyebrow, I'd hardly recognize you, Ms. G!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Robbie said...

You look adorable! So very realistic too.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Morgan Fox Studio said...

hey albert...
CONGRATULATIONS!!! you look great in your costume. sounds like you're having a great time. good for you :)

hugs
patti

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home