Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Je parle un peu le francais.

My latest game at work is to try and speak a bit of french to our French customers. At least 75% of the customers I deal with every day are from Europe. It's a part of my job I never expected to have to deal with. Because the dollar is so weak right now, the Europeans are buying like crazy, and they love the Polo brand.

I studied french in h.s. and one semester in college and was pretty into it. Then I visited Paris one year and freaked out at being in a foreign city and getting lost and not being able to be understood easily. (I'm not the best traveller.)

The French customers at the store definitely appreciate hearing a few words in their native tongue, even if they end up speaking english anyway. Their english is usually pretty good. For some reason, the Italians are the ones who often barely speak english-- someone was telling me that their school system is not that great.

I'm currently procrastinating getting started on this little freelance graphics job I have-- just trimming and mounting some stuff. It's going to take all day and I'm not in the mood, but I love the client so I said yes. Arrgh, just get to it, Grove/Alb!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sydney said...

I remember how to say El gato bebe leche from 6 years of spanish. That translates to the very useful "the cat drinks milk" Albg... you are far far ahead of the game.

French is my favorite sounding language. I'm amazed there are so many who speak french in your store. 75% is A LOT, don't you think???

Nice to know we all have to prod ourselves into doing projects. Soooo glad you're back posting regularly again!

Abrasos y besos (I learned that last year)

7:59 PM  
Blogger Sydney said...

you have to take a gander... Sex in the city spoof with be a Arthur as Carrie.... fun

http://www.bestweekever.tv/2008/06/16/icymi-bea-arthur-is-carrie-bradshaw

8:02 AM  
Blogger IndigoSunMoon said...

Oh my...he is an artist, Madame Glinka, and now he speaks french! Will the talents of Grove Albert ever end? I am amazed!
Je t'aime!
Connie

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home