Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Propaganda Art

I made this painting at the beginning of the semester that I'm just finishing up. I don't think it's really that successful, but it was a nice try. I did it in response to the "No on 8" campaign here in California which failed not long thereafter, thanks to our friends the Mormons and Catholics, not to mention those wacky Fundamentalist Christians.

At the time, I thought maybe I could do some art about gay marriage, and about the type of religious fanatic yahoo that comes out and protests all the happy gay and lesbian couples getting married (represented by the sign-holding ogre on the hill).

I do like the way I represented the male (clown) couple. That's how I envision my Future Hubby and Myself. :-)

I don't envison bickering over housekeeping and who cleans the litterbox.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

dontcha know, the wife always has to scoop the catbox.

until you get pregnant. pregnant ladies can't touch cat poop.

that's the one and only time (few months) that i did NOT have to scoop the shitter. and i'm still at it today. :sigh:

xoxo ::Grey RAinY dAy SparKlES:: here, but the temp is SIXTY!!!!!

11:17 AM  
Blogger Sydney said...

And it's a good vision indeed.

I like the couple too. I wonder if they or that kind of embracing figure might appear in future works, like the clown. It would be interesting to see what you'd come up with if you continued to expand on them...

I loved this entire post.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

That painting reminds me from a scene from Hedwig and the Angry Inch. :)

11:47 AM  
Blogger Remo said...

Hmmm.

Have a good week.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Robbie said...

I kind of like it. It reminds me of Socrates (?) and/or Joseph Campbell's idea that we are halves to a whole because the guys at first glance look so meshed together that I initially thought it was one being before I read your entry and realized it was two with a crappy Mormon on the hill.

I'm sorry the prop won. It's not my fault. I assure you! I vote for freedom and equal rights. Heck, why anyone would want to marry is beyond me but the idea that there are still romantic idealists in the world gives me hope. :-D

10:29 PM  
Blogger Sydney said...

lol Robbie!

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home