Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Melancholy Explained

I mentioned melancholy last entry in talking about my old place... actually, it was melancholy about the old place-- about how much I hated it there by the time I left. A few of the pics seem too private to share here, even. A lot of emotions in them for me. The photo here is one I took of my two kitties, lounging around while I cleaned, threw out stuff and moved stuff upstairs. They were not very enthusiastic about helping me out with the move. (Photo is tiny because the focus was not too sharp. Santa: Where's my digital camera and new 'puter???)

I am still in love with my new place. I'm still being pretty good about keeping it neat and tidy, especially my new kitchen which I love so much that I want to marry it.

I saw my old neighbor-from-hell on the street yesterday. He is SO not in my life anymore. It's a fucking miracle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had some major storms over the past few weeks. My new place is more protected from the wind and rains because it's on the side of the building, not facing the ocean. A friend of mine lives on the top floor, facing the ocean, and her ceiling caved in over the weekend from a leak in the roof that's been getting worse and worse over the years! We are not very protected from the elements out here by the Mighty Pacific. Needless to say, she's miffed, as my landlord has been totally lax in fixing leaks and responding to complaints. Now they have to, because her apartment is currently uninhabitable.

It's a reminder to me that my building is still pretty jacked-up, but at least I'm not being affected as directly as I was in my old place, and for that I am GRATEFUL!

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

your poor friend!
dd #4 and I went Mission touring today....the famous 4th grade mission report.....and we could see the leftovers of the storms everyhwere in spite of the beautiful sunshine day today.
hope your friend gets things squared soon. Thank goodness you are sheltered.
So, love, tell us about this fabulous kitchen so i can be super jealous of you.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I'm so sorry to hear how much you HATED the old place. But it was sorta apparent, by the 'fond' way you talked about it for the past year or so...

I can't believe that a building can be shabby enough to have the entire roof cave in on your poor neighbor!! UGH! good luck to her. love...phinney

9:37 AM  
Blogger Judith HeartSong said...

glad you are safe and happy:):):)

4:58 PM  
Blogger Nelle said...

I am glad you like the new place. You love your kitchen that much? Are you being a good flybaby now?
I can't imagine having your roof cave in. Holy shite. Your gray cat looks SOOO much like my Smokey who is huge. Smoke weighs 19 lbs but is long and tall also. Vet says he's ok but he begs for food and treats constantly!

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home