Tuesday, April 25, 2006

"I see... Duality."

It's difficult to sum up all the experiences I've been having since going into rehearsals for ZEN.

(hi, Nick, if by any chance you're reading this!)

(The Director, Nick Olivero, Googled the shit out of me as one of the asssignments he gave all of us, and he read all my deepest, darkest secrets in my two online worldz. Oopsie.)

Yesterday, we did this one exercize... they seem to all last about an hour or so... where we became One with an ORANGE from Costco. I believe that I achieved more intimacy with this citrus fruit than with any homosexual Homo-Sapien I have encountered in-- err, awhile. Eeeck.

We also did this other exercize called "I See" where one person stands in the middle of the circle and the rest say their observations out loud: "I see wavy hair, I see a green T-shirt, I see courage, I see vulnerability, etc." It was kind of terrifying. I heard some VERY interesting things from people when I was in the middle. The most interesting of which was what I used for the subject title of this entry.

It takes me all day, the day after a rehearsal, to recover physically and emotionally from these experiences. I'm still unsure as to how all this is going to shape up to be some theatrical experience, although we are all bonding and I sense that something is slowly being formed.

So far we've only done one improv scene where I've gotten to play THE BOSS. It was intriguing to play with that power role. I think I actually might be able to actually grow into it and explore its manifestations more fully.

I feel incredibly grateful that I am getting to do this.

And believe it or not, I'm still taping my beloved RE:ality TV shows and catching up with them in my free time.

Go, Cirie! (The only person I am rooting for with all my heart.)

6 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Sounds interesting but draining!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Magogo's Musings, too said...

All this sounds quite interesting-but it's harder to stretch in late middle age than in our long lost youths, right? I could not do this physically right now, but I am now quite jealous of you, and cannot wait your next installment. With love, Margo

6:13 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

This is exciting and scary and wonderful, and I'm very proud of you.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Civic Center said...

You sure this isn't going to turn out to be a religious cult where you'll end up selling paper flowers in Fisherman's Wharf? Do be careful, Mr. Orange Lover.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Morgan Fox Studio said...

hi albert,

i'm so happy for you. its wonderful when you're involved in something that you're so passionate about.

i on the other hand, although getting better, am still happiest behind the scenes, LOL.

hugs,
star

5:09 PM  
Blogger Nelle said...

This sounds like something I would enjoy very much. If I could convince my boss to give me a lunch hour I would be taking yoga during lunch. Not sure I can get my achey bones into the positions but I would give it a shot!

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home