Friday, April 14, 2006

With Age comes... ???

At left: artsy shattered glass/gold-leafed window, on way to first ZEN rehearsal.

I know that all of you have been sitting by your computers day and night, waiting to find out how my first ZEN rehearsals went. It's hard leading such a fascinating life-- such pressure!

I've gotten through two demanding 3 1/2 hour rehearsals. Met the other cast members. I am OLD. This one young man is barely out of the womb compared to me.

So far we've spent our time Carin' and Sharin', we've played many Theater Gamez that have stretched my enfeebled brain beyond its normal Senior Citizen capacity, and we've done some Improv, which is always fun.

This Sunday evening we're going to Baker Beach, as the beach and sand are going to be major components of this theater piece.

I'm not sure how much to vent/gossip about this whole process on the old blog, as I'm uneasy about writing anything that might risk my reputation with my new The-a-tre Palz...

I am learning some major new stuff, which is great.

My main background and training is in Visual Art-- whereas these folks are heavy college Theater Majors, so there's a lot that I simply haven't experienced before in my piecemeal Acting/ Performance training.

Cavorting around in sequins, or running around an Opera House stage with a spear, seems a bit inadequate right now for what I feel (fear) will be expected of me.

Confidence!

5 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

I'd hoped you were running around having WONDERFUL experiences. I miss your daily sparkle and your, you know, Re:ality TV updates, and even your kitty antics. (how are kitties?) Are they in need of some more leopard/feather balls?
Love ya. Phinney

Glitter of the DAY: Whiney White!!!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Civic Center said...

Hmmm...I think you should host a bonfire party in your front yard (Ocean Beach). Hell, why not?

5:27 PM  
Blogger Magogo's Musings, too said...

How wonderful to get a new, demanding, stretching experience in mid-life. I am a little jealous! Margo

8:51 AM  
Blogger Judith HeartSong said...

I admire the hell out of you for your honesty and know that you must be a quick study... there is also the fact that the casting director "saw" something in you that he liked a lot. You can do this.

I am so happy that you are working on this new project and wish you well Sir Albert! judi

2:46 PM  
Blogger Morgan Fox Studio said...

Hi Albert,

I know it's been a while since I've said hello and congrats but you know how life sometimes gets in the way. I have been keeping up with you though and I'm very excited about what you're doing. I can't say that I myself would have as much courage as you have to jump into something so "new". I'm so excited for you!!!!

Knock 'em dead.... break all your legs, LOL.... or whatever means the greatest of luck in your new endeavor.

hugs,
Patti a/k/a Star

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home