Friday, March 10, 2006












Bring To Second Boil


For some bizarre reason, I've been having this desire to start a second *kinda experimental* blog with the above title. Because I have been spending a lot of time in my new kitchen, watching frozen vegetables getting heated up. It's sort of a Zen Thing.

I am in a very foul mood this morning and so I'm back to the blog, needing to let off (veggie) steam. I had this social activity planned last night, and I spent 1 1/2 hours on 3 different buses to get to this one friend's house, only to find out that the gathering was being held at another friend's house on a completely other side of town. I had gotten the information wrong, but I wanted to blame everyone else in the world except myself. I needed to "Turn It Over," but I still have not been able to do this.

While I was on one of the three ill-fated buses, I was listening to a Post-Oscar Party Wrap-Up between two GAYS. One was saying to the other, "I wanted to bitch-slap So-and-so at your party. I told her to shut up about that song. In our parent's generation everyone hated Elvis Presley!" I knew they were discussing the song "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp." I myself loved the song, and thought that the staging of it was brilliant. I've had the main melody in my head non-stop since Sunday. I thought it was way cool that it won an Oscar.

In the mood I'm in right now, I want to bitch-slap a few people too.

On Monday, there was an article in the S.F. Chronicle that said that there were "Gays" who cried after "Brokeback Mountain" lost Best Picture. I felt like crying too. But I'm realizing now that if I were African-American, I probably would have been very happy that "Crash" won. Does that sound at all racist? I don't know anymore. Anyway, both films were excellent. Not that America cares. I mean, look at the kinds of films that are at the top of the Box Office each week.

In case anyone has been wondering about MY fabulous performing career... my therapist has been on this kick lately, trying to get me to commit to working more on Madame Glinka. He believes that people would pay good money to see her... do... something. He said yesterday that he would pay good money to see her perform! This feels very strange to hear coming from your therapist.

I wish I could believe it myself. But I don't! Aaaarrrgggh.

More Shall Be Revealed!

6 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

i'm confused.

you want to start a blog called

Green Giant?????

huh???

3:26 PM  
Blogger Judith HeartSong said...

you hang in:):):)

10:47 AM  
Blogger hestiahomeschool said...

I finally found my way over here after the AOL exodus...I've missed hearing from you! My surgery went pretty well, and I am almost recovered, and they think they got all the cancer, and we got a horse...so check in and let me know how you are sometime!

love, Kas

1:28 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

I didn't see either movie and didn't really care who won. I only watched because I'm in love with both George Clooney and Jon Stewart and wish to have their children. And all the women's gowns. Is that so very wrong?

Madame is going pro....? More info, please. :)

3:41 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

HEEEEEEEEEEY!

what are you doing????

update. miss you.

glitter: sunday sparkle!!!

xoxox phin

6:35 PM  
Blogger Nelle said...

Albert I too feel like bitch slapping someone. Waiting for a long time to hear if I got a job....I am catching up on journals while waiting. Glad to see you're using that new kitchen! OX

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home