Friday, February 10, 2006












You want Fame? Well, Fame costs. And right here is where you're gonna have to start paying for it... WITH SWEAT!

Above, a Dell'Arte School of Physical Theater class. Can you picture a 47-year-old, slightly out-of-shape Gay Guy trying to do this stuff???

La Danse Update: There were some snafus with the rehearsal space Chr. had lined up for La Danse, so we haven't had our first rehearsal yet. We did hang out yesterday afternoon and look at videos of his past work, and some videos of my past work in Bad Theatre.

As for Chr., the boy can choreograph, which is a relief, as I must be extremely careful who I perform with in my post-New York City Ballet career! Just because I'm not dancing Aurora or Giselle anymore, doesn't mean I need to get sloppy!

Meanwhile, on the training front, I'm still considering The Dell'Arte School, the one-year Professional Training Program. If it were in town, I'd maybe just go for it, but I still can't wrap my brain around the idea of plunking myself down in some tiny town in the middle of nowhere to learn how to be a clown...

Chr. suggested that I spend the whole year in the Training Program as Madame Glinka, but I'm afraid that I'd swallow way too much lip-glitter if I did that.

Also, I am sure that Clown Classes would interfere with my RE:ality TV watching. !!!!! (I'm working on a new poem about Moana.)

Hey, btw, sorry I haven't been blog-jogging much. I've been on an Internet Diet.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. L said...

Was the bachelor wearing that freaking BROWN SUIT again? I've decided he might be goodlooking, but he ain't sexy. Oh, sorry, was I supposed to comment about THIS entry?

12:03 PM  
Blogger Wil said...

And whom are we kidding, dahlink, when blogging thusly:

"Can you picture a 47-year-old, slightly out-of-shape Gay Guy trying to do this stuff???"

Hmmm???

11:12 PM  
Blogger Judith HeartSong said...

I see you there in the back row Albert!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Hey, if a guy my age can go from being 80+ lbs overweight to competing in a tri-athalon in less than 6 months, I say ANYTHING is possible! (Do you watch the fattie reality TV? LOL Or is that just me?) Anywho... Sorry we missed you when we were in town! The SIL and my girlfriend totally monopolized us. Not to mention the cranky jet-lagged 4 year old. ;-)

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home