Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Sequins is the New Black

Over the weekend I was involved in a conversation about *The Big Game* and I tried to put my two cents in by mentioning the Winter Olympics coming up, and how much I was looking forward to the wonderful sport of Figure Skating.

I said-- to the straight guys I was with-- "I am only into sports where sequins are involved." They chuckled.

Then I actually watched part of the Super Bowl. It's Pop Culture, and so I am interested. I mainly wanted to see the halftime show, because you never know when something ridiculous or blog-worthy might occur during this bloated, over-produced "entertainment" spectacle. IE: Wardrobe Malfunction or something.

I'm not a huge Stones fan, but they were okay. The main thing I noticed was that Mick Jagger, who is oddly perserved in his unique post-adolescent time-warp, was wearing a T-Shirt with sequins on it!!!!! It was black, and SPARKLY on the top.

You Go, Mick!!!

(Accompanying pic is a closeup of my Ballet Gala Macy's Womens' Department Sequinned Scarf.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Miss Vincci said...

Wow...you watched the SUPERBOWL??? Well...that's better than me...Figure skating makes me nervous though...I'm not sure why...

8:19 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

hey...i watched 'the game' a bit. hometown boy from my high school plays for seattle (nope, i didn't see him in the game, however, i only had 1/2000th of an eye on it) mick jagger, who i think is the age of my dad, hasn't changed much since 1969. i liked how he kept taking off a layer after each song, but hey, aren't those old songs getting oh, i don't know...old? it was a boring half-time show. even my mom was left wanting more. no 'surprise' guests, no hot young stars, no boobages. blech. i like sequins too, almost as much as glitter.
but not as much as i like you. xoxoxo phin

2:45 PM  
Blogger Nelle said...

I noticed Mick's sequins immediately! That man at his age must work out six hours a day! I cannot believe how good he looks and if he just had some botox....who knows? LOL Love the scarf! Macys rocks.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home