Thursday, January 26, 2006

S.F. Ballet Gay-la

It was last night. I bought a velvet scarf with black sequins to wear with a black shirt and dark jeans I have. I purchased it in the Womens' Accessories Department at Macy's downtown, which actually felt a bit weird.

There were *other* ladies at the Gala who were sparklier than me though. And also, tanner. And also, thinner. :-/

I went to the Gala with Chr. and The Donald; we also ran into my other balletomane palz in the lobby, waiting to rush in and grab standing room spots. Paris Hilton was not in attendance this year, but Chr. said that he saw George Lucas! Too bad I didn't see him, 'cuz I would have asked him how his Asian-themed Holiday Party went. :-P

This photo is from one of my favorite pieces of the evening, a pas-de-deux from "Reflections," choreographed by dancer/choreographer Yuri Possokhov and danced by 8-feet tall Muriel Maffre and her hot Australian partner Damian Smith. Mesmerizing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nelle said...

Albert, there are always women who are sparklier and thinner but you know what no one can be US because we are unique. :) I saw this magnificent velvet scarf in the mall with needlework it was to die for. I just could never pay that much for a scarf! Maybe I can get it later in the season reduced.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Civic Center said...

Are you interested in doing standing room for "Swine Lake" this week? I just realized I've never seen the thing in my life (except for the homo Matthew Bourne version on TV but that doesn't count). And Tchaikowsky, your antipathy to his operas notwithstanding, is God.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

I envy you ~ I haven't been to the ballet in ages, but I used to enjoy it.

If I do get to go, can I borrow that yummy scarf? :)

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home