Saturday, January 21, 2006

The New Nose

Yes, Nelle, it is sweaty under this mask-'n-nose! This is Madame's Cross To Bear.

Tonight: I can't believe it but I am going to try and step out once again (two Glinka appearances in one week???) and go to this party of "Burning Man" people in Potrero Hill. Burning Man is a yearly event on some desert in Nevada, for those of you who may not have heard of it. I've never been. Too many artsy people gathered in one desert with very little water makes me extremely nervous.

The theme of tonight's party is HATS. I'm really not sure about this! Can't tell from photos of last year's event if it's going to be hokey or not. Kat, of "Forza Flagellant" Fame has graciously invited me, and she sez it's a good group of people, so we shall see...

4 Comments:

Blogger jennifer said...

Now Albert, please do not wear Mme. out nor overexpose her. But do tell about these HATS. And will Mme. be wearing one? Photos, please. And not of the desert.

Thank you.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I hope you have fun picking out a hat! :)
http://journals.aol.com/sugar1337/Disobeyingtherulesofconvention/

5:23 PM  
Blogger Nelle said...

I never knew about the Burning Man events. I honestly learn about so many things through your journal. Rob is always trying to get me to wear hats and I refuse. My son bought me a huge red hat with a giant red flower on it which he thinks I would look stunning in. Since I'm not attending any polo events I doubt it will get worn. I have worn my tiara to several functions however and I have left orders to bury me in that. (One advantage of it being a theatrical vs. real jewel tiara.)

12:27 PM  
Blogger Judith HeartSong said...

oh, I have heard of this... would love to see it all someday.......

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home