Wednesday, February 01, 2006

California Boyfriends & Other Hot Topics

I bought a new room-sized oriental carpet last week at California Carpets-- on sale for only $199.00 + tax! :-) It is obviously not "real," but it's a pretty nice-looking fake.

The home decorating aesthetic that seems to be developing in my new place is Post-Moderne Eclectic Shabby-Chic On Sale. I'm still holding true to the desire to not go too fruity, to be The Butch. That part's been tough!

This is a pic of my kitty Speedo inaugurating the new carpet with his fur-esome presence. Now I can be neurotic about the new carpet, instead of being neurotic about the ridiculously impractical beige carpeting underneath. I'm still movin' furniture around; that's why the edge is sticking up slightly.

So I was talking with *a friend* on the phone last night about the new carpet and saying that it would be really cool if there was a store called California Boyfriends where I could buy a boyfriend on sale for $199.00 + tax. He told me to write a blog entry about it. So here it is.

Okay, I know there are parts of The City where you can buy a "boyfriend" for even less than $199.00 + tax, but that's TOTALLY not what I'm talking about, so get your minds out of the gutter!

Wot Else? On the Re:Ality TV front: The Bachelor in Paris has narrowed his choices down to the final four:

1) The BrunetteBitchWithBigBoobs
2) TheNiceBoringGirlFromHisHometown
3) TheBeautyQueenWannabeActress
4) TheQuirkyCanadianWithAnAnnoyingVoice.

In the last episode he got rid of:
1) The"Crunchy"GirlWithADiceyPast
2) TheRed-HeadedDrunk.

Just in case you missed it.

Aunt Nub sent me some delicious chocolate chip and Valentine's cookies in the mail, and we talked on the phone for awhile yesterday. This was fun! Me and Aunt Nub share a passion for sparkly stickers (butch, huh?). It's difficult, at least in the Bay Area, to find a lot of people over the age of twelve who share this interest.

It's a bit hard to believe, but I still haven't met any AOL-ish bloggers/journalers face-to-face. And, I have been making efforts to limit my time on the Internet somewhat, and have also been feeling that I "give away" too much of my creative output for free, so I'm kinda sorta wanting to blog less. Thus, it would be wise for my many fanz to consider reaching out to me (and vice versa) in other non-cyber ways. Is this unrealistic?

You could fly on over here to 'Frisco and crash on my new carpet!

9 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

OK, you've got a deal. We arrive on Saturday. No. Really. We arrive in San Fran on Saturday. We'll be staying at the W (next to the modern art museum) until Monday. Then it's off to Roseville for the rest of the week. Tyler and I are tagging along with the DH to some work thingy and thought a weekend in Frisco would be nice. Brunch on Sunday with the SIL/BIL are the only set plans thus far. So...what cha up ta next week? LOL

1:46 PM  
Blogger Nelle said...

OH how I wish I could fly and see your new place. I love that carpet, have one a bit similar. Once I splurged for a real handmade oriental and my late Sandie peed a lake on it. Never got the stain out so now I get the fakes which can be replaced. Smokey LOVES my new carpet. Damn, no one mails me cookies OR glittery stickers. I have met a few people from online in real life, about forty total. They were all great people. Someday I hope to meet you. :)

4:01 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

{{{{Albert}}}} Hey toots! Long time, no speak! Still have any cookies left or have you devoured them all before any friends could even get so much as a crumb? Oy! Oy! Oy! Love the new carpet...want 1 for my house. Don't know who'd take it over first, the dog or the cat. So when are you coming back east to have some matzoh ball/chicken noodle soup with me? It'll help the cold you've got. Or do I need to fly out there with it & bring the illustrious Phinney & Kat with me along with more glittery stickers? I may be chronilogically (sp?) over the age of 12, but mentally...well, that's another story!

Smooches,
~~Aunt Nub~~

9:45 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

PS Who are you calling butch, huh?!?!?!?! Where's my drag king name?

XOXO

9:46 PM  
Blogger Remo said...

I would love to bring Ms. Lovely to SF for a visit, but we have a rule about not staying with people who remind us of John Waters. LOL

I can think of nothing greater than having a tour guide who really knows the area.

10:06 PM  
Blogger sunflowerkat said...

Darn Albert...we came SOOO close to meeting. I'm bummed it didn't work out.

I think Liz, Phinney and I are going to have a girls artsy weekend. Maybe you should consider flying out here to join us.

xoxo

8:47 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

can I bring my entire circus act or would that scare you away. I'm sure Madame G would keep the little clowns in line just fine!
Seriously, I do live close, the gateway to Yosemite they tell me. Someday we should meet over a coffee.
I sooo want that rug!
BTW, tell Becky she better meet me too!
Did I tell you I love that rug? Can I have it?

9:36 PM  
Blogger Robbie said...

I would be honored to be your first. blushing

I'm not sure which is more tempting to get me up to SF, the CA Boy-Toy for only $199, or that carpet. Who knows, I may come to a Motel 6 near you really soon. If money flows, I'll splurge and go for a Super 8 but in the mean time I'm hitting NYC darling. :-)

6:21 AM  
Blogger Coy said...

Hmmm ... an open invitation to come and crash on your new carpet? You better watch what you wish for;-)
*** Coy ***

5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home