Thursday, February 02, 2006

This One's for all my "Copper Queen" Fans in Bisbee, AZ

Great yakking with you on the phone last nite, Jeff!! If you keep up all the words of encouragement, maybe I'll dedicate my first full-length Commedia Clown/ Queer/ Activist/ Performance Piece to you. :-)

So, where exactly is the Bisbee Opera House in this pic?????

I just found a link to the MadHats party that I attended two weekends ago, with exactly 200 photos on it. There was not a single photo of Madame Glinka or of my friend Kat, her bf and girlfriend. Bizarre. I know we had at least a couple of pics taken of us when we walked in the door and plunked our ten bucks down. That evening was cursed (for MOI, anyway).

Onto more important subjects, such as what I watched on the T.V. last night.

Dr. Phil had a show on about compulsive hoarders. I kind of hate Dr. Phil, he's such a friggin' scold, but the show was interesting. I truly think that this is a mental disorder that probably should be treated with a combination of therapy and anti-anxiety meds. Oprah already covered this issue last year and I think she did a better job with it-- because she had a psychologist on who specialized in treating this problem. Her guest was this "perfect-looking" woman living in the suburbs who let her dogs poop all over her cluttered home. Yikes! Calling FlyLady!!! When Oprah did a follow-up visit, the poor woman was still allowing a little poop in the shower stall. Oy Oy Oy! I'm so happy I changed Speedo and Sunshine's litterbox yesterday!

I looked around at my own clutter as I was watching Dr. Phil last night-- it's much better now since I've moved to a freshly painted new home that I like, but I totally understood the distorted thinking of the guests, afraid or unable to throw anything away.

As an artist/performer, I use a lot of my old collected stuff in current projects, but it's always good to let old things go and make room for the new.

And it's definitely always a good thing to get rid of the pet poop!!!

True, there's an artist who has risen to fame using elephant dung in her work, but that's not what I'm into, thank you.

6 Comments:

Blogger Bon & Mal Mott said...

We had a pair of friends who were so loath to let their dogs go outside, which meant they couldn't "go" outside, that they frequently had little surprises lying around whenever we dropped by for a visit. Unnerving at first, but we got used to it. We just didn't eat there.
Bon & Mal

7:28 AM  
Blogger Nelle said...

OMG Albert I saw that Oprah show. I was in shock! I'm somewhat of a neatnik myself. I have the dog and kitty and when they have an accident I clean the area with antibacterial soap. Cannot imagine living like that! We have neighbors who I believe are hoarders. They have a tiny house and have three LARGE dogs (in crates), two boards and a cat that ran off. They can't afford the vet visits and their tiny yard is a poop mine field. I go out and pooper scoop my yard every two days. That's with ONE dog! These people have no room for anything. I think I went through a brief phase like that. When I moved I did a lot of tossing. I still have enough stuff but we have it organized and put away. Kitty hugs. :)

1:45 PM  
Blogger Nelle said...

HMMM not boards, I meant birds. Damn lazy fingers!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Coy said...

Feng Shui baby!
ewwww ... pet poop
*** Coy ***

4:59 PM  
Blogger Judith HeartSong said...

I hate clutter and stuff everywhere... it drives me nuts.

5:43 AM  
Blogger Remo said...

You would just love the Queen. It's rustic and haunted, kinda like alot of its visitors. You better not come to AZ without making time for all us little people.

No offense, but everyone in AZ knows the REAL queers live in Jerome. LOL

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home