Thursday, November 01, 2007

We interrupt this NYC/ Queens/ L.I. Tour...

to bring you some late-breaking news. I just got hired as a P.T. Retail Sales 'Ho, I mean, Associate, at Macy*s, Union Square. I'll be working in the Men's Furnishings department, which means dress shirts, ties, cufflinks and the like.

I am getting ready to provide, as they said during the interview process, OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE. I am getting ready to be super-perky!

OY OY OY!!!!

I am excited but anxious. I haven't slaved for a regular paycheck in many years, but I definitely need the money. Canvases and paints are not cheap, not to mention San Francisco rent.

They put me in that department because a) I got myself all gussied up for the interview and b) because they thought I could bring an artist's eye to helping customers match shirts and ties.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger jennifer said...

Well damn. This is the first time I ever wished I lived in San Francisco. You being there would be the only incentive to enter a Macy's.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Civic Center said...

A working-class hero is something to be. Congrats, I think.

4:43 PM  
Blogger mnchick said...

Hi Albert. It's been a loooong time since I have checked in with your blog. Have missed reading your entries. After Dad died last year, I shut myself off but my blog friends were never far from thought. Sounds like things are going well for you. Retail ho'dum is a good thing. I did it for years and loved it! How I ever got into insurance I will never know. LOL Wishing you well!

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home