Thursday, August 07, 2008

The Sartorialist

I was noodling around the 'Net looking for content in french and came across this Blogspot blog about Men's Fashion... The Sartorialist. It's a blog filled with photos and commentary on men's, and sometimes women's, fashion on the streets and runways of Paris, Milan and New Yawk. (Why no 'Frisco?!) The blogger is a very handsome photojournalist and sometimes model-- Scott Schuman. It's a great, inspiring blog that makes me want to fly to Milano immediately., and sip a cappuccino at an outdoor cafe while wearing a bespoke suit...

I'm surrounded now by men's fashion 30 hours a week. However, I am in the low-end of the pool of high-end men's fashion. We sell some blazers and suits that are in the $900-$1400 price range (!--pour Moi), but most of our customers wait until they go on sale. And we also have many shoppers scouring the clearance racks for $9.99 bargains (and still asking for more of a discount, oy oy oy!).

At the very least, I now know about proper sleeve length, the difference between a structured and unstructured jacket, and other (useful???) information. This, added to my extensive knowledge of the latest happenings inside the Big Brother House, make me the well-rounded person that you have all come to know and love!

Photo appropriated from "The Sartorialist" blog.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sydney said...

Dearest Albg --

I don't know if you already know about this site, or if it's of any value to you and your work getting out there, or learning more about your craft, but when I saw it I thought to pass it along....

http://artblogs4u.blogspot.com/

Now to go back and read your post. I have been adding about a post a day to my Adventures in Nature blog. There are just so many things going on in that area of my life, and it certainly makes for more entertaining material...

12:29 PM  
Blogger Sydney said...

well luv, what did you think of last week's project runway projects on the runway, lol? Have you seen the tape yet?

PS: I've been blogging daily -- a challenge I gave myself at the start of July. SInce I have three blogs, I put something on one of them daily. I am having so much fun with the one called adventures in nature ... not sure you've seen that one....

xx

11:23 AM  
Blogger Nelle said...

My darling Albert
I also worked at that store and did a gig in the Ralph Lauren women's department. I know EXACTLY what you are going through. OY is right. So glad you are blogging again! Hugs!

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home