Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Smush Paint On Canvas

My painting class starts up again today... I'm going back to my first instructor who I think "got" me more than the others I've had since. I'm heading out to the main Phelan campus as opposed to the more Adult-Ed-oriented Fort Mason campus, so there might be mostly young things in the class.
I'm also trying to work up the nerve to approach this cafe manager to show my work at this cafe in the Castro. The work that hangs there is okay-- not spectacular sometimes, I think my work would look good there but it's a big space and very intimidating to think of filling all the walls and being so public. A good friend is pushing me to make this move.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Coy said...

Ok, at least you have a goal in mind. Next, outline a plan of action. After that you get dressed, walk out the door approach the decision maker without worry about the final outcome. If it doesn't work out, not a big deal but if it does ...
*** Coy ***

5:43 AM  
Blogger Cormac Brown said...

As Anne always points out to me, cafes like to play it safe with art that neither provokes nor moves anyone.

12:19 AM  
Blogger Sydney said...

Your work is fabulous and I am a cafe person. I'd love ot see your art on the walls, and fill what walls you can. No one says you have to fill them all... or let the extra space inspire you to do more work?

Please approach them. And let us know what happens.

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home