Thursday, March 26, 2009
















The Grand Unveiling!

I'm throwing caution to the wind here... this photo was taken (by moi!) of my new beau John and myself at the de Young Museum yesterday inside the observation tower, which has beautiful views of Golden Gate Park and the city. We look couple-y, don't we???!

We were there to see an exhibit called "Warhol Live" which explored Andy Warhol's influences on music, dance and celebrity/pop culture. One room attempted to recreate a Happening, with a disco ball, projections, throw pillows and a Pier One mattress on the floor: nice try. Another room tried to recreate the ambience of The Factory which was also somewhat lame, but they did show some fascinating film footage of Edie Sedgwick wandering around a fancy dining room, presumably Andy's, smoking a ciggie and barely staying upright. A lost soul with excellent mascara skills.

Fun exhibit, fun day.

Everyone play nice, I'm normally not this personal on here!

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Sydney said...

How could anyone NOT play nice to see you happy and meet John? And you DO look just wonderfully couple-ly. Nice shot... especially self taken.

I wish I could have gone to that exhibit. I give them kudos for trying to recreate both rooms, but it's kind of not worth it if it fell short.

12:49 PM  
Blogger jennifer said...

Very very attractive. And John is handsome too! :o) I am so happy to see you so happy Albert.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Coy said...

Ahhhh hats off to the couple-ly, couple. Nice smiles.
*** Coy ***

5:13 AM  
Blogger Sydney said...

Oh, have you seen my new favorite show? I know you are proabably watching even less TV now, but I have to mention it. YOu can see eps online.

RuPaul's Drag Race --a reality competition. I LURVE it!
http://www.logoonline.com/shows/dyn/rupauls_drag_race/videos.jhtml

6:34 AM  
Blogger Terry is a Texan! said...

You both look SO Happy, contagious smiles, glowing eyes....very handsome.....the park and exhibit sound just lovely!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Wil said...

It's nice to see you smile. How did you land the hunk, anyway? (evil grin)

Good luck to you both.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Robbie said...

Darn! Playing nice is rarely fun. But, I appreciate your trip into the personal so I will say: yeah!!!

I'm a jealous bitch but so very happy for YOU! I want a John. :-(

Oh! That doesn't sound quite right. ;-p

8:39 AM  
Blogger Donna in Alabama said...

You make a gorgeous couple! Best wishes on your new beau!

8:33 PM  
Blogger Sydney said...

lol Robbie!

10:44 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Well could I BE any later!?? :smacks myself: anyway, you two look wonderful & happy together!! thanks for the introduction!!

(psst...John's very handsome!!)

glittery hugs, xo phinney

5:13 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Awesome. You and John look beautiful and happy :D. I'm smiling the biggest smile for you, Albert!

2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home