Tuesday, March 10, 2009

W.I.P.
(Work In Progress)

:-)

I have made peace with my new painting instructor! I had a good talk with him and got some information on his critiquing goals, the varying skill levels of other students in the class and other stuff. It felt great to talk to him directly rather than harbor a resentment that would eventually end with me ditching the class.

So here's a very preliminary look at my latest masterpiece. This painting had to be about a social/political issue, and it had to incorporate text or borrowed image in some way. My completed painting, if I ever accomplish it, is going to have all this text in pink glitter running across the canvas, with some scrawled homophobic slurs cutting into the text. The idea being: the hypocrisy of closeted gay Fundamentalist religious leaders contributes to hatred of the GLBT community. Hopefully that's what will come across, although I guess it's open to other interpretations as well...

I have only a few words done in the glitter right now, the rest are just traced out and the critique is Thursday! Oy Oy Oy!!!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger IndigoSunMoon said...

I have no doubt that you will finish it, and it will have a profound message, and be absolutely fabulous!
Love you!
Connie (who owns one of your masterpieces)

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home