Thursday, December 25, 2008




















Merry Cough Sniffle Christmas, Happy Hack Hack Hannukah, All Y'all!

After busting my butt to provide Overall Outstanding Customer Service for several weeks at my Retail 'Ho job (not succeeding 100% of the time, I'm afraid to admit) I came down with the Mother of All Colds on my last shift on Monday, and have been inside ever since, missing out on all the Holiday festivities I had planned for my three days off. It's been a bummer. I know that there are many people who aren't able to have the holidays they want. People who are having hard economic times, people in the military, in the hospital, etc. I am still pretty blessed right here in my cozy 'Frisco Bachelor Pad...

I have wonderful family and friends who have missed my presence at Holiday get-togethers as much as I have missed theirs, and we're just having to postpone hanging out together until I feel better. So I can't really complain too much.

In the meantime, I hope all my "bloggy friends" (to use the expression of one of them!) are enjoying their festivities!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Sydney said...

Oh AL, I'm so sorry to hear your immune system broke down after your retail marathon. I was getting all ready to ask how your days off were going and now I know. Working retail at holiday time is akin to teaching grade school for germ-passing I guess.

However, you're right that it could be worse than being holed up in your apartment, snuggling into a sweater or sweats on your couch or bed. I hope you are getting lots of TV watching in, eating some good food and catching up with everyone for the New Years festivities. If I were nearby I'd have stopped by with some ice cream, chicken soup and a tiara (for you, not me wearing one, lol).

If I remember correctly you just celebrated your one year working at this store, yes?

3:52 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Merry Christmas, Albert! Hope you are feeling better.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

sorry you missed get-togethers :(

thanks for the wishes, i had a fine time. love ya, feel better quick!!! phinney

11:19 AM  
Blogger Sydney said...

Albg- Just checking in to see if you are feeling better by now? Hope so. Do you have plans for New Years? Hope you can make those.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home