Sunday, December 28, 2008





















Nude-ling Around on Another Sick Day...

I read my work schedule wrong today and didn't realize it until too late (as in: I would have been two hours late for my shift if I had shown up!). So I did the easiest thing and called in sick again. Woohoo. I still felt sick anyway after a grueling Post-Xmas Bargain Shoppers and Return-ers Day yesterday. I think I've just been OUT OF IT due to this killer of a cold.

RE: the post title-- I do have clothes on! It refers to the quick study charcoal nudes shown here, from one of my recent painting class sessions. The poses were each maybe 15 seconds long. This particluar model was very bony, kind of muscle-y for a Lady, and some of these remind me of primitive African sculptures, especially the second one that's lower on the page.

I just came back from a beautiful walk around "Serenity Lake," which was my healing gift to myself for calling in sick! :-)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

hope you feel better soon! i have a crappy cold, too. blech.

xo

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my page.

You made the right decision to call in sick. Trust me - the crazies were there in full force.

Stop by anytime, (my page that is, literally stopping by any time is NOT in your best interest)

Julie

6:40 PM  
Blogger Sydney said...

I love these drawings, and I love to do them too. I have only done live drawings a few times, and we did that 15 second thing, then 5 minutes, then 20, then an hour. It really does make you pull for the basic, broad strokes to capture a form much more than when given more time. I like that it hones that best skill.

I thought of you yesterday when I was rifling through tangled piles of sweaters on a table at Zara. I knew someone had folded all those after closing the night before and then the ANIMALS came in and worked it over. BUt I hoped that in the upscale place you work folks might behave themselves a little more, even for the after Christmas sales...?

I hope this finds you feeling MUCH better today.

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home