Thursday, January 29, 2009

Art and TV

I have a new painting instructor this semester who is challenging, very knowledgable... we have to do assignments even in the Advanced section. Our current assignment, which is just wrapping up, is to do a single-panel Expressionist painting. By Expressionist, he means: a piece that evokes some strong emotional response in the viewer. I will show all y'all the results in my next post.......

I have come to the conclusion (finally!) that I need to cut back on my TV viewing, especially RE:Ality TV. Oy Oy Oy! It was just getting to be too much. So I am just doing The Bachelor, American Idol, the end of Top Chef, and most likely SNL. Oh, and Survivor when it starts up again. Plus some brief TV news watching-- the national stuff mostly. (I heart Katie Couric ever since she took down Sarah Palin.)

So: no more Wife Swap, The Nanny, True Beauty, assorted sitcoms, Oprah, Dr. Phil. No Celebrity Apprentice! Sorry, The Donald!

How embarrassing are these lists? Sheesh!

Last night I listened to an opera music CD that a friend burned for me eons ago that was gathering dust in my Bachelor Pad. It was quite pleasant! Tenor Arias by Juan Diego Flórez.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Sydney said...

I have had to do the same thing -- i am watching the Bachelor and will watch Survivor and TAR... though we have been watching that Ture Beauty show after the Bach, just because it IS priceless to watch their portrait put into a TRASH CAN at the end of each ep. The other thing that keeps us busy is truly trying to figure out what is going on with Cheryl Tiegs face. Have you any clues? I am truly stumped!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Sydney said...

could I misspell more?

5:58 PM  
Blogger Robbie said...

Damn it! I left a LONG comment and blogger ate it. One time saver is to not comment twice. I'll leave it at THAT this go 'round! ;-P

7:52 PM  
Blogger AlbGlinka said...

Sydney: The shaming of the losers that goes on at the end of True Beauty is kinda scary. I hope they're prepped beforehand... I have felt dirty after watching that one!

Robbie: Sorry Blogger ate your comment!

7:57 PM  
Blogger Carolina Girl said...

Hey Albert! SO glad to see you are still blogging--it's taken me forever to find JLanders after we were so rudely dumped by AOL.

Holla!

Andi (formerly of Attempting Authenticity /She Said What?)

*I can be found here: http://itsadogslife.squarespace.com

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home