Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The "Crazy Edit"

I sometimes wonder how I would be "edited" if I were on RE:Ality TV... more specifically: would I get the "Crazy Edit?" You know what I'm talking about: the crazy cast-member is rambling on and on about something insane, or is doing is something very foolish for an extended period of time, and the editors splice in some background music with a funky melody and a TUBA solo. And then directly afterwards there is a reaction "Talking Head" shot from a second non-crazy RE:Ality TV contestant going: "What the F?"

The latest example of this RE:ality show staple was on the first episode of "The Bachelor" which as you all must imagine, is one of my very favorite entertainment programs on the Boob Tube. There was this young lady who was all bug-eyed and was sitting on one of the sofas going on and on about how she creates these Vision Boards based on the book "The Law of Attraction" and how she cuts out all these words and pictures for her boards and then all her visions come true and how one of her visions is to marry the nice Single Daddy Bachelor, etc. etc. Some of the other girls listening to her were subtly rolling their eyes. You know that if a "Bachelor" contestant thinks you're crazy, then you REALLY must be crazy. And then when Jason The Single Daddy Bachelor heard the whole rap, he was like, "Um, okay..." And he promptly gave her the boot. They showed more of his reaction last night, which was "I don't get it."

I guess he doesn't have much of a chance to watch "Oprah."

The "Law of Attraction" (Snake Oil) authors/seminar leaders, as well as the manufacturers of Glue-Sticks must have been pissed to get all the negative publicity.

I hope to get back to posting about my life and art soonish. :-)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger sunflowerkat said...

Hi Albert!

I don't watch The Bachelor but I can definitely envision that crazy background. Thinking about it out of context made me laugh.

12:32 PM  
Blogger IndigoSunMoon said...

I haven't watched the Bachelor in years. I think their track record for "true love" isn't so great...except for maybe Ryan and Trista.
Lovish!
Connie

12:35 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Tuba solo...Haaaaa!

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't see Momma's Boys, but I have been checking back to see if you did another review on it, because I liked the one you posted. Also, have you seen True Beauty? Please watch. I would love to hear what you think of them taking the ousted one's portrait off the wall and carting it away in a trash can.

I haven't seen bachelor, but I will read your reviews on it (or other shows) Thanks

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home