Tuesday, March 17, 2009

AlbGlinka Interview, Part 1:

Questions posed by Sydney of “A New Yorker In Houston” fame...

The lovely Sydney sent me a bunch of interview questions several months ago, which I then deleted accidently. :-0! She was then gracious enough to try and remember them all again and give me a second shot at answering them. I'm gonna do one question per post and hopefully get to them all. No holds barred! Here goes!

1. I got to know you first through the giant set of glitter lips. What has happened to the famous and fabulous ALBGLINKA lips, and what is the story behind them?

The AlbGlinka lips are currently in a dormant phase, resting peacefully in a large vial of pink glitter that is sitting on my drafting table. Some of the Glitterlip glitter was appropriated for my recently completed “Homophobia” Issues Painting (see previous post). Madame Glinka, of course, signed off on this!

I'm not sure when Madame Glinka will make her next appearance, but it might be at this coming June's Gay Pride Parade. The E-Entertainment story behind the lips: It all started with an insane pink wig that I found in a costume shop one Halloween many years ago.

I already owned this half-mask that I found hanging on a tree at *an undisclosed location*. I also had this big latex nose that I'd gotten from doing a bit of Supernumerary (Mime) work with San Francisco Ballet for their "Nutcracker" that year, and I was inspired to glue the nose to the mask. Then, to do my lips up, I used Maybeline pink lipstick and this pink craft glitter I had. I wanted that fuller Angelina Jolie/ Lisa Rinna (Right, Syd?!?)/ Octo-Mom/ Killer Klowns From Outer Space look, so I did what all collagen-deprived gals do when the budget is stretched thin, and went outside my natural lip-line with thick black (mascara) lip-liner.

Madame Glinka was born!!!!!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Sydney said...

Ooooooh! My soul is singing and satiated to hear the story of Madame Glinka. I LOVE this picture too, and of course, want a whole gallery of them to be posted, selfish little interviewer that I am. But for now, I'm happy to have this POST! xoxoxo

8:12 PM  
Blogger Donna in Alabama said...

I love how you girls can find the most outlandish make-up and accessories. I love the pink!

12:34 PM  
Blogger Coy said...

Ahhhh Madame, it's been a while.
*** Coy ***

11:24 AM  
Blogger Sydney said...

I remembered another of the questions --

Jackie O had the best dinner parties. She'd sit Steve Rubel next to Kissenger next to Capote next to some stokbroker next to Halston next to her best friend from high school. I'm not sure all those folks were alive at the same time but it was a mix something like that. I think she did it to create her own art at a table but also to ensure stimulating conversation, and I bet the mix was always perfect.

If you threw such dinner parties, what would your mix be?

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home