Monday, September 14, 2009

Kissing Clownz

I did this little painting last semester when I was seriously experimenting with different mediums and techniques; it's a combo of acrylic, oil and glitter-- very small: 4" x 6".

I just submitted it to an annual group show called "Tiny" at this one gallery in town. Hopefully it'll get in! I have to figure out if I should varnish it or something, because the glitter falls off a bit too easily if one isn't careful. (It's already fallen off in a few places that I have to touch up!)

It's even sparklier in "real life."

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

so cute! you know i love me some sparkles.

wondering if there is some kind of spray 'fixative' or something that won't dull the glitter? a long shot, i guess, but i've not heard of everything in the world...one never knows.

missin' the old days...
xoxo phinney

9:01 PM  
Blogger AlbGlinka said...

Cindy: I'm kinda missing the old days too...!

I am thinking of experimenting with a spray varnish that I have-- I'm going to test it out on a sample canvas, rather than on this actual painting.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I agree, so cute!!! I'm sure it will get in. "Tiny"...I love it.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Sydney said...

YDI am ALL about sparkle!

I love it that the show would be names tiny.... Let us know what happens.

PS: can you send me that FB invite when you get a chance? thanks, xoxooxo

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home