Sunday, May 14, 2006

Birthday Continued, Other News, even RE:ality TV News, and a Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there!

This is a photo of me taken last Saturday on my B-day, wearing both my new wide-brimmed sun-hat and a gold plastic tiara that I borrowed from a friend for the day. Snazzy, huh?

So, some exciting news: I sold a second work of art on Thursday, to the most generous and kind Mike S. of SFCivicCenterBlog fame (all the movers and shakers of the contemporary classical music scene are apparently discovering his site).

He bought a little homoerotic gouache painting I did in the mid-eighties. I received some very sweet cold hard cash for it, woohooooo! This sellin' art bizness is very attractive suddenly. To be continued...

"Survivor, Exile Island" is wrapping up tonight and I'm totally rooting for Cirie, though I don't think she has much of a chance. I was bored last night and was watching an old tape of a Finale from Season 6, the Amazon, when Jenna won over Matthew/Mateo (the season which had the awesome hearing-impaired Christie, loved her). Boy, Jeff Probst used to smile and be kind of nice... I think it may be time for him to find a new day job-- he's just phoning it in these days.

"ZEN" has been on a limited rehearsal schedule because the director is also acting in a production of "King Lear" with a different theater company that just opened this week. My confidence level with "ZEN" is hovering near zero currently. Oy Oy Oy! I'm thinking about talking with director Nick about this, I think he'd be open to it. I know I'm not the first insecure, somewhat untrained actor to ever walk the boards, but still.

All in all, Mood: Mixed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nelle said...

Albert, I haven't been doing too much blog reading of late. Like the tiara. I have one that is spectacular that Rob ordered for me from a theatre company. I have requested to be buried in it. Nothing says class like a tiara.
Sorry I am late but please accept belated birthday wishes. :)
OX
Nelle

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home