Friday, August 11, 2006

Ahh, the compulsion to keep on blogging, it's strange...

The other day I started re-reading a whole bunch of my *paper journals* from my mid-twenties. I've been compulsively keeping journals for around thirty years now, wow...

Anyway, in the middle of all this very depressed whining, and some quirky anecdotes, and a lot of witty drawings and doodles that I'd like to somehow re-use in an art project, there were a couple of poems that made me chuckle out loud. Here's one:

Poem

It's true.
I'm alone.
But I will not
write a
bad poem.

I will try
to describe
the night:
flash of --
white
(a runner).
2nd cup
(of coffee).
Astor Place
(coffee shop).

Here's another; again, I chuckled when I read this:

Buster

Buster the cat
was a bad cat.
He ate things
ripped things
+ broke things.
He made Andrea
sneeze; he
meowed at 6 a.m.
and he chewed
plants. These
were but a few
of his many
faults.

And yet, he
was cute
when he was asleep,
curled in a
"ball," his little eyes
closed + paws tucked under
his chin,
and so I kept
him + fed him
Beef + Liver Platter, or
Sliced Beef in Bite-Sized Chunks.


Maybe you had to be there. In my brain.

3 Comments:

Blogger Miss Vincci said...

wow..I'm so impressed that you have been continuously writing for so long...I enjoy reading my old journals as well : )

7:59 AM  
Blogger Nelle said...

I wish I had my teen journals. My mother discovered them and burned them while I was away once. :( I think it would be incredible if we could be in each other's brains for a visit. You know like Spock's Vulcan Mind Meld. (No...I'm not a trekkie.)
OX

7:06 AM  
Blogger Mrs. L said...

I love these poems. I also love your self portrait in the other entry. Love Love Love.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home