Friday, August 11, 2006

Ahh, the compulsion to keep on blogging, it's strange...

The other day I started re-reading a whole bunch of my *paper journals* from my mid-twenties. I've been compulsively keeping journals for around thirty years now, wow...

Anyway, in the middle of all this very depressed whining, and some quirky anecdotes, and a lot of witty drawings and doodles that I'd like to somehow re-use in an art project, there were a couple of poems that made me chuckle out loud. Here's one:

Poem

It's true.
I'm alone.
But I will not
write a
bad poem.

I will try
to describe
the night:
flash of --
white
(a runner).
2nd cup
(of coffee).
Astor Place
(coffee shop).

Here's another; again, I chuckled when I read this:

Buster

Buster the cat
was a bad cat.
He ate things
ripped things
+ broke things.
He made Andrea
sneeze; he
meowed at 6 a.m.
and he chewed
plants. These
were but a few
of his many
faults.

And yet, he
was cute
when he was asleep,
curled in a
"ball," his little eyes
closed + paws tucked under
his chin,
and so I kept
him + fed him
Beef + Liver Platter, or
Sliced Beef in Bite-Sized Chunks.


Maybe you had to be there. In my brain.

4 Comments:

Blogger IndigoSunMoon said...

I did some reading of my paper journals the other night too. It's wierd to look back at the things going on...and sad to figure out that things haven't changed that much in all these years.

Loved your poems. No, really!
~Conzo : )

4:43 PM  
Blogger Miss Vincci said...

wow..I'm so impressed that you have been continuously writing for so long...I enjoy reading my old journals as well : )

7:59 AM  
Blogger Nelle said...

I wish I had my teen journals. My mother discovered them and burned them while I was away once. :( I think it would be incredible if we could be in each other's brains for a visit. You know like Spock's Vulcan Mind Meld. (No...I'm not a trekkie.)
OX

7:06 AM  
Blogger Mrs. L said...

I love these poems. I also love your self portrait in the other entry. Love Love Love.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home