Wednesday, July 12, 2006

ZENtastic!

yeah.. whatever. At left, me and a new *friend* celebrate my play's first two shows at Baker Beach last weekend with a bit of Retail Therapy.

The performances actually went pretty well. I was amazed. Shit came together. Now we're in an extra week of "revamping" rehearsals for our main run at the Magic Theatre, (mark your calendars, July 19th-July 23rd).

There was a critic there on Saturday! From the Bay Guardian, which is our local arts/alternative rag. Apparently, according to fellow Blogger Extroadinaire SFMike, he wrote positively about the show and the ensemble. I'll have to pick up a copy right away. We're not supposed to be talking about reviews-- bad luck and all... so don't tell the director that I'm writing this... also, we got a mention on this happening blog www.sfist.com over the weekend too.

Maybe I'm destined for superstardom after all??? Ahh, I will get back to you after the 23rd. What I have been saying (only semi-jokingly) is that I'm giving up the stage after the 23rd. I've been so fucking pessimistic about my ability to actually deliver lines convincingly, portray a character very different than myself, walk and talk at the same time!

This is about the most honest I've been on here. Not sure if I'll regret this, but there it is.

I feel like I am getting some validation for what I'm doing, which is super-cool.

Okay, I've got to end this-- who knows what I'll type out next.

4 Comments:

Blogger Wil said...

I don't know, Albie -- that's the least conflicted I've seen you look in a long, long time.

Are you sure it's advisable to give up the stage work?

6:23 PM  
Blogger Robbie said...

Oh you can't give it up. I so do want to see a performance with you in it one of these days, unfortunately I don't think it will be one that lands this month.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

{{{{Albie}}}} I've got to agree with another comment posted here ~ this is certainly the least conflicted I've seen you in a while ~ and it looks damn good! BUT don't give up the stage so soon! I can't stand the thought of you giving up the stage, your journal, your artwork.

As for your friend on the left...I want to know who the hottie on the right is? Hubba Hubba!

Smooches,
~~Aunt Nub~~

3:15 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

I'm diggin the new you, dude. ;-) Keep it up!

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home