Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Location, location, location...

I am wondering if this blogging obsession may be finally coming to a natural end for me. Sort of like "Will & Grace" finally leaving the air.

I don't know, I'm just putting it out there-- the usual restless feelings. I am making the effort to live more in the "real world" and spend less time on the computer. I feel bad about not visiting my other online friends regularly, even if you all are still in my thoughts.

I don't want to disappear, like other bloggers and AOL-Jers have in the past, just maybe morph in some new direction.

I spent Memorial Day Weekend in Indianapolis, Indiana... I was there for a big convention of my *Spiritual Program of Recovery*. Folks: I have never been to the Midwest before! I unfortunately did not see much, was mostly just in this hotel/conference center on a highway flanked by one strip-mall after another and a bunch of hospitals and rehab centers. I have come to find out that Indianapolis is nicknamed "Indian-no-place" and I understood why.

I discovered (see accompanying photo) that I could rent a 2-bedroom apartment in this lovely locale for hundreds less than what I'm paying for a small studio in Frisco. Not a big surprise.

The Indy 500 was happening that weekend, but I did not have anything to do with that, even though there was an optional field trip to attend this pre-event parade with the cars and marching bands and local politicians and minor celebs and all.

I almost bought a very cheesy Indy-500 T-Shirt at this airport souvenir shoppe I was killing time in, but I came to my senses in time to walk out of there without dropping twenty bucks on something that would have sat in my closet unworn.

The plane travel, transferring through Chicago's O'Hare airport, was nightmarish. Major delays, no food, abysmal movies (Big Momma's House???!!!-- coming and going???!!!) ... I saw Chicago from the air, very beautiful city, and I liked the airport, but it turned out to be a big mistake choosing to fly through there during summer thunderstorm season! Why didn't I consult with Mrs. L. first???

I am still processing all kinds of stuff that came up at the convention.

Good, bad, painful, wonderful. Ya know, the usual...

8 Comments:

Blogger Robbie said...

Blogging lite is what I call it. Doing as I damn well please without all the guilt.

You plunked down in the Midwest just doesn't formulate in my brain. Surely, you jest?

7:45 PM  
Blogger Morgan Fox Studio said...

wow albert,
sounds like good things are happening for you. i've been pulling away from the computer as well. i think it has to do with great weather (at least in the N.East when it's not raining, LOL) and feeling guilty about being inside on this machine. it's also getting B.O.R.I.N.G. typing the same old same old although i do miss alot of my friends from j-land. everyone has left there (i'm almost totally gone myself) so its not as much fun.

you sound like you're doing terrific things and don't need to rely on this stupid machine like you used to. you've grown so much since i first started reading you. BRAVO!!!

keep up the good work albert... you're headed in the right direction.

hugs
star

8:56 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

I think when you've been blogging as long as we have, different phases develop, and you just can't go back to a phase you've left behind. More real world and less computer involvement is definitely a good thing in life. I just hope you don't completely dissapear. I'm with Robbie, you in the Midwest... I just can't grasp it. There's nowhere near enough glitter.

9:58 PM  
Blogger sunflowerkat said...

I was in Indiana over Memorial Day too...but not Indianapolis. We should have planned a midwest confluence. Indiana is my stomping ground. Indianapolis is like a big, spread out small (Hoosier) town. :) It gets prettier as you travel south.

LOVE Chicago....O'Hare? Not so much!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Mrs. L said...

Albert -- sorry I missed you. I would have brough a sandwich or something.

Next time remember -- don't come through Chicago during summer thunderstorm season. You may also want to avoid the spring tornado season and the winter ice storm seasons as well. There is a two week window in September when take offs and landings are usually on time. Usually.

By the way, Brown County IN is a hotbed of pottery and antiques if you ever go back.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Mortimer said...

Lord knows I am still here! And still blogging away!
Miss the poop out of you.

4:10 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Ya it sometimes hard to find motivation to blog, I guess that is why I have picked a change in place where I do now. Sounds like you have been busy. I hope life is treating you well.
http://blog.myspace.com/poptartcoco

10:51 PM  
Blogger Nelle said...

Dearest Albert.....I haven't been doing too much blog reading myself lately. It comes in cycles. Sometimes real life just takes over for awhile. I wanted to check in on you today. In NJ right now a ONE bedroom is going for $1200.a mo. and getting harder to find! I'm wondering if that seminar was worth the trip or not. Please know that even when I'm not reading you, you are often thought of and always wished the very best. OX

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home