Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I Heart Matthew Barney & Björk!

A film still from the (too long, but still fascinating) art film "Drawing Restraint 9" that is being shown in conjunction with a large exhibit of Barney's sculptures, videos, and drawings at SFMoMA.

It took me two museum visits plus one $1.95 Museum Cafe oatmeal raisin cookie to fully take in the exhibit and film.

Meditations on Japanese whaling ships and vaseline and Shinto wedding rituals and fossil fuel...

Esoterotic, pretentious, seductive and boring...

All the things I love best in works of art!

5 Comments:

Blogger Civic Center said...

Is "esoterotic" a word or did you just make that up?

7:56 AM  
Blogger AlbGlinka said...

Omigod--what a typo! My first inclination was to correct it, but it's actually kind of a cool new word.

Be the first on your block to use it, all y'all!

xxoo, AlbGlinka

4:48 PM  
Blogger Robbie said...

I think SF is esoterotic. Nothing in LA ever sounds nearly as edgy and interesting as the stuff you blog about. Or, maybe I'm just hanging out with the wrong crowd. I did see Thai Elvis sing the other night.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Miss Vincci said...

Ohhhkay. That picture just woke me up. : )

10:19 AM  
Blogger Morgan Fox Studio said...

art is so subjective... i'm often not sure if it's just me, or if the stuff truly sucks, LOL. i guess it's a toss up. i wonder sometime exactly who came up with the actual definition of "art", especially when it seems so open-ended... just because someone calls something "art"... is that all it takes??? there are alot of "things" out there that should not be called anything.... never mind "art"... sorry.. just my opinion. :)

2:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home