Monday, August 21, 2006

Dress-Up

I had my fitting this morning at the SF Opera Costume Shop for "Rigoletto." I was relieved that I could still squeeze into my two costumes-- they were tight back in 2001. The wardrobe dude was actually taking in the pants a bit, which was cool. This one commedia costume has a fake padded pot belly sewn in-- I was taking a good look at the silhouette today. I guess the idea is to make me look more like a buffoon.

Hello, costume people! I do not need that!! I have my own belly to deal with!

I snapped the accompanying camera pic in the lobby of the shop. It's a costume of Desdemona's from another Verdi opera, "Otello." It's a very pretty gown. I wish they had one in my size.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Nice dress! I thought you were about to say that was your costume. Sigh. Opera season again? I've yet to attend once. Alas, no money for tickets. No money for much of nuttin'.

but glitter.

xo

10:19 PM  
Blogger Civic Center said...

Dear Phinney:

Standing room is $10 at the opera, and on weekday nights you can usually sneak into a seat after the first intermission. At that price, being broke is frankly no excuse to miss Albert's World of Artsy Fun live and in person.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Nelle said...

OH my that costume is to die for! Sometimes I think I missed the time I should have lived, for the Victorian dresses.

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home